2nd annual ohio hunt 2010

Will bring the magic rocks for grill,how big of a bag?I cook with gas if this seems like a dumb question.What about firewood,I work at a lumber yard and can bring scrap wood for fireplace.

1 Big bag should do it,,shouldnt need any firewood i think its all gas,just need the charcoal for the chicken and the pork loin, the outside grill is charcoal. thanks.......................X

I went to zalaski and the wayne today,main drives were all in good shape,,the side roads were horrible.also ran through a place called elk fork, right off route 50 near mccarthur,,alot of thicker and flatter areas there,i took some pics of it,and some yote tracks....worst part of the trip even [beeep] i was in my jeep,i did not like some of those snowy,icy hills(think i aged a couple years today)I think alot of the better hunting sites is the west side of the Z toward mccarthur......Another thing i did wrong today ,i didnt have any orange with me,and there was a bunch of hunters...............................X

Has anyone hunted either trinble state wildlife area,the big part of wayne national on the other side of athens or raccoon state forest?if so give some details of it...thanks.....and i need someone to post some pics for me from elk fork,,thanks..........X

what are you guy's bringing? shotguns? centerfire?

I thought centerfire was'nt good on public land till Feb. sometime?

I hunt all private land up here. I'll just bring both but, gotta inform a friend.

coyotex. sent ya a pm. how far apart are those cabins?

Last edited:
9 days left! ooohhh this is going to be a good time.the way the weather looks on the forcast it might get close to the mid 40's.there might not be any snow,suits me I hate snow!

From the looks of it yesterday,,,it will take quite awile to melt all that off.....AND CAN SOMEONE POST SOME PICS ON HERE IF I EMAIL THEM TOO YA.Sorry about the caps,if so pm me your email,,,,found some good thick stuff..................X

Here is Rick's pics. Looks like some good shotgunin' stuff to me
thumbup1.gif

Thanks X!!!
SDC11169.jpg

SDC11172.jpg

SDC11173.jpg

SDC11177.jpg

SDC11179.jpg

SDC11181.jpg

SDC11184.jpg

Good looking spots, Im with you on the roads, I put my silverado(2wheel drive)why I bought it Ill never know..in a ditch the last weekend of gun season and almost had to bail out..no fun. Might have to rent a 4x4 for the weekend..lol

That wholr road that goes bak elk fork has clear cutts on both sides of the road,open timber in the middle,then clear cut on the other side....I took a bunch more pics of tracks and other spots,i didnt go in to deep due to muzzleloading season(no orange).would suck to get shot.........................X

Sent the funds out for the cabins today.

Do we need paper plates? or is Bam going to get them also.
I can get them if he doesnt just let me know.

DeathCry you can tag along with me and Frogman if you like
I have a 4x4
Mike

Sounds and looks like you guys got it all planned out.
I can't seem to find any info on that peabody grounds ,i got a email back from ODNR but they would not come off any info either so looks like we will be on oou own to see what we can find.
See you all on Saturday

Back