2nd annual ohio hunt 2010

Originally Posted By: Mike2I believe it is 5:30-6:00 but don't hold me to it. I hope to get in around 1:00 - 3:00 Friday afternoon. I was also going to hit the Rocky boot store on the way down
Mike
Lenny are you bringing the Redfield with you
Mike

I'll have 2, both style reticles, both 3-9. One on an older 223 Stevens, one on a New Steven's 22-250 I bought today. I'll hit the range with the 22-250 tomorrow, handloads and witebox 45 gr. hp's. I'll bring my lightweight AR with a Burris 3-9 timberline mounted and could bring a few other loose scopes if you want to compare them to the new Redfield scopes, weaver 3-9,prostaff 3-9.

let me know.

Just recieved all the info and comfirmation on the cabins/cottage,,i will have the keys for both at the cottage on friday...address for the cottage is 21934 sr 278,,,the cabin is at 21678 sr 278 cottage is on 80 acres of woods,that borders mead property,,the owners told me it can be hunted also,with permission from mead(deer hunters staying there have done that before)... if anyone knows how or who to get ahold of about this feel free to do so,,,just a couple more days!!!!........................X

thanks mike,,odnr says it is under the control of scioto land company,,some of it is privatly leased,or available for lease...some on the odnr site is open for public,,,close to where we will be.........................X

Yea I have found that it is now under the scioto land company
I have looked at the odnr website but cannot find any maps of it anyplace
Mike

Well if nothing else there is 80 acres behind the cottage,,i will probably snoop around there after i unpack................................X

I will be going down for Saturday's hunt.I will be leaving Logan county around 3am that should give me plenty of time ,It takes about 2 hours and some change for me.

Guys,

My plans have changed. I will not be able to hunt on Saturday, but I do plan on coming over Saturday afternoon or evening and staying with you guys in one of the cabins. Then I will be able to hunt on Sunday. Looking forward to it!!

Jim

Ill try and have maps to share. good maps are hard to come by-my personal maps are rumored not to exist at all.

Is there anyway we can start a mass PM so we know where every one intends on hunting that way we dont step on toes? Just a thought. Id do it here, but I dont feel like giving up good areas to just anyone.

Looks like I will be there Saturday only. I took the last half of friday night off work so i can get a little bit of sleep. I was hoping to get a couple calls together for some door prizes like last year but the time just hasn't been there. I had a nice idea too. Maybe it will be a gift for after the hunt?
Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Yote
I'm with you and rooster so you don't have to worry about me!!!!!!!!!!!! and my toes

I have a few area's in mind will pm you them see what you think.

Last edited:
Baited the area for hogs today,,,definate hog sign there,,areas on downed live trees that they worked there tusks on,deep trails and scat.,,seen one more area im considering baiting tomorrow when i get down there.................X

good luck to all you guys this weekend!! hope you put down some fur and some bacon. take lots of pics and i will be anxiously waiting on your report. wish i could join ya. good luck ohio boys!! Ryan

Sounds like a great time, unfortunately the wife has broken out a honey do list I could wrap around the planet, I appreciate the earlier invite though and I wish you guys luck.

Last edited:
dang this sucks...wish i would go. Watch this year you guys will slay them. I get to work the gun show here this weekend instead...not bad alternative i guess

Back