2nd annual ohio hunt 2010

Oh by the way,,,i got some night action planned for those that are interested...I will have to make two trips down there to bait in the month of january. I will have to blinds to set over two areas....baiting with potatos and corn.

Now were talking Getting some action here rolling and a game plan.
What are you baiting for ????
I guess i did not realize coyotes like potato's?????
I think i have a pretty good idea though.
I'm looking at Sunday only but right now try for saturday and Sunday.No promise

Yeah caribou i found a area at the end of last years hunt,near the creek and old train tracks with a high bank overlooking it..alot of crossing trenched in trails,,i figured it as hogs....i just gotta figure a way to access the high bank from the other end after dark,,i will probably GPS mark it.......x

coyotex I was down there this weekend and noticed a ton of Cabin rental places. We might be able to rent some cabins this time of the year cheap. I wasn't thinking about it till I got to Wellston or I would have wrote some of them down. I took 278 out of Nelsonville and seen quite a few. if you happen to go down, if you write the names and or numbers down I will do the leg work on trying to get them down on price. I already have down a internet search and havent found squat.

Zaleski State Forest USGS Zaleski Quad, Ohio, Topographic Map
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lon=-82.3992&lat=39.2594

Mike

I was just down there last month in a cabin with some friends, they are all over the place down there, we stay with Old Mans Caves chalets(but there are plenty of other places down there) we have stayed in cabins off of Rts 664 and 180, they have everything from older style A frames to luxury cabins that can fit 20 people, do a google and all kinds of places will probably come up.

JLJ223 I did try google and could not pinpoint anything for sure.
I took 278 out of Nelsonville and seen at least 3 different signs for cabin rentals.
that would put us right in the park. I would think it would be therre off season for the most part and be able to get them at a discount and save us a drive to Logan or were ever. Just a after thought.
Mike

If anyone is serios about a cabin that sleeps 8 or so let me know,,,,we can split it 8 ways,i will pay 2 shares (ME,SON).....X

I found two cabins available at settle down cabins one sleeps 8 with a hot tub(lol) one sleeps 6 also w/hot tub . if i can split it with some folks ill just stay down there the 22-24th..... 8 ways, 15 dollars a head per day,,6 ways 16 dollars a head per day.......dont get much better than that.......roughly 45 bucks for a weekend cabin,huntin all weekend and kitchen has utensils ........x

Let me check with Frogman first but I would be in for a spot.
Mike

Ok put me down on the Cabin list.
Mike

Last edited:
Ok three toward a cabin either need 3 more or 5 more and ill see about booking one of the cabins,,,,just remember there are man laws that apply to the hot tub,,lol.

Oh btw last night me and x junior called in 1 fox,1 bald eagle and 1 hawk with dirts calls.......the fox did not come out of the thick stuff for a shot........x

Dang Rick, I just saw this. AWESOME to hear you using the calls. Thats still success in my book Bud. I've called a baldy in before too. That is a awesome sight.
What, no thongs in the hot tub?????
w00t.gif

Im too lazy to scroll thru all these pages. did we settle on a concrete date yet??????

You guys dont go gettin too soft in those hot tubs. Coyotes can smell pool chemicals for miles. LMAO.

Would you guys mind dragging a newbie along? I live about 35min. from nelsonville (corning). I wont be able to stay in the cabins but i could meet you's there.

All are welcome sniper,,part of what this hunt is about,learning from some of the guys that have been in the game awile.with that said the main thing anyone new to the sport needs to be very quiet ,no slamming doors,banging gun cases or talking while stopping to make a set.....follow that rule and theres no worries............X

Back