Baiting

Those are the new treated lumber, I told my brother to paint them when they paint the shed(its primed hardy sliding). The concrete pad is an old government grain bin base, has a slight dome to it. The base is leveled using treated 2x6 stubs screwed to inside framing, moisture can drain away from sides and underneath. I still need to engineer/fit the 50x40 sliding window on the north side(bait side), it should be nice sitting at picture like sized window. Going to run a electrical under ground from yard light pole, lights and driveway sensor and heater/fan. Than I can day hunt, eat supper with brother/sil, walk out and sit relax, hunt at same time.
Well thought out. Now all you need are targets.

Spot: sounds like you've thought through things pretty well. It's looking great. I'm looking forward to some success stories from your new shed, and with the new scope!

I mounted the new thermal on my recently purchased BCA side charging 223 Wyde upper. The BCA has been consistent 1/2" ish groups at 100 yards with Sierra 55 BK and Hornady 55 sp(2265), 25 gr H335. I put the scope on the 223 (cheap shooting)zero testing purposes, will probably run it on a 204R or 22-250 bolt gun for hunting. WiFi to my phone video,photo and control settings are clear. Now the flooding at my gun range needs to dry up.

Last night with a pending TX size thunderstorm bearing down on me, I got a chance to collect some bait. I was much more concerned about the lightning than the record button I guess. Another senior moment for me in a growing list of them. After deploying the bait at 4:00 am, I came back home this morning for obligations and already got action that is begging for a return 120 mile trip.

iD9BDTD.jpeg

Hard to imagine coyotes not hitting hogs, but anything is possible.
The only thing I ever saw that coyotes did not touch was a huge Brahman bull that died of natural causes. Not even the birds would touch that bull for some reason.

Week, I am so anxious to see you score on that black one.

Spot, I am also anxious to see photos of your completed shed and some coyotes on the ground.

Range is drying up, have the new thermal on an 223 AR for practice and to see how well it works. This evening I set it 1.4x base mag to zero at 100 yards, display said 1.05 inches per graduation. Shot this 3 shot group. Going to be hard to pull the scope off to put on a bolt gun. Further testing to follow, for zero hold and zoom shifting. Neither of which I have seen any sign of. Yes 2 thru the same hole.
IMG_20240720_205605643.jpg

Worked with a guy that in the past worked at some animal lab. They tested the strength of canine neck. Said they tied a rope around the neck and dragged behind car and never broke the neck. Big dogs used (lab size).

Spot, that is pretty darn accurate. I am like you, would be difficult to remove the scope. However, if the intended rifle is just as accurate, why not?

Week, just as soon as his fur is worth mounting or tanning.

Worked with a guy that in the past worked at some animal lab. They tested the strength of canine neck. Said they tied a rope around the neck and dragged behind car and never broke the neck. Big dogs used (lab size).
Last February I shot a male coyote that had a broken snare around his neck. The wire was into the flesh that had partially grown over it. It was tight too, and that coyote was alive and healthy. Strong critters.

Back