What Bow do you shoot

Originally Posted By: doaSo you were born in the 90s ?
I shot a Oregon bow for awhile when they were still being manufactured, think it was called a "Black Knight" they were a decent bow.

Nah, Oregon went out of business in the 90's, but I have an older model. I'm a child of the early 80's, a tech that I had "age" my bow put it in the late 70's, no later than early 80's, so this old Oregon Bow and I are within a few years of eachother one way or the other. We had to get pretty creative to reduce the draw length for me, and of course we had to make the strings and cables custom.

I've been curious whether the new Bowtech Carbon Knight moniker had anything to do with the old Black Knight, but drawing a straight line between John Strasheim or Kevin Strother to connect Oregon and Bowtech is a subject of debate. Seems like nobody has any straight dope about when or where these guys moved from one to the other, or how much they were actually involved in operations.

But, I lean towards the whimsical rumor mill because it suits me. Oregon made super fast twin cam bows with short brace heights, they collapsed, a few of them ran over and Bowtech emerged, also making binary cam super fast bows with short brace heights... Seems like there's something to that.

Mathews Switchback. I am wondering if they have a newer bow that is just as smooth with a soft valley? I don't like the feeling that if you creep a little the bow is going to jump out of your hands. Suggestions?

hawkeye, You might want to give the "Chill" a test shot or two.
And in a few days Mathews will introduced two new bows to try. One single cam, One dual cam.

Compound:
PSE Vendetta XS
Archery Research AR37 (one of the best bows ever)

Old School (recurve):
Schafer Silvertip
Black Widow PSA

Haven't shot bows since I was a teen. Back then it was a bear compound youth model. Decided I wanted to try it again so I'm picking up a Mathews switchback tomorrow hopefully. Dont want to dump a ton of dough on something I probably won't use much.

shooting a hoyt alphamax 32 and ive still got a horton hunter express crossbow i bought back in high school. ive kept it just incase my kids ever want to use it lol. Ive been through three or four different bows over the past 10 years but love this alphamax 32.

Diamond Razor Edge
60+#
29.5'' draw
Rage 2 blade 100 grain

I am looking to get a new bow with higher poundage but that won't break the bank. Any suggestions?

Martin Onza XT
set at 65lbs
29" draw
Muzzy 100gr. 3 blade..Rage 100gr. 2 blade

Best bow I have ever owned, and I've had a lot. gen 27 3 take a look at Martin bows, I picked up mine on archerytalk, barely used, got it with a matching quiver for $300.00 to my door. I always seen Martin bows and thought "ugh" but I was selling myself way short..my bow is every bit as good as the high end Hoyts I've had or the over priced Mathews. New I seen the Onza XT for around $550.00

My Pse full throttle should be here soon. Im A little worried about the short brace height but the idea of 1 pin out to 40 yds sounded very appealing. I'll post a review when it comes in.

Back