Baiting

I haven't been on here much lately so have some catching up to do.

Good shot on that one, DoubleUp. They surely don't stand still for very long.

Wildflights, you rocked that one's world with that .243 and 75 Vmax. And thank you for the kind offer. I will send you an email.

Nightshooter, welcome to the forums. There are some very good guys here in the Baiting thread. Looking forward to your hunting stories and videos. It's always good to see how people in other parts of the world go about it.

Last edited:
Afternoon Gents and fellow predator hunters. It's been a while, but got a couple Georgia coyotes recently. Two in two nights. I thought that would be it but 3 more showed up last night so I guess I'll get after them starting this evening. Couple videos attached for your enjoyment.

10/13/24 YOTE

10/14/24 YOTE

Attachments

• YOTE 10132024.jpg
    YOTE 10132024.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 9
  • YOTE 10142024.jpg
    YOTE 10142024.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks guys. Just shot the third one a couple of hours ago. Lined up the shot and let it fly. My hogster screen went totally black/off the instant of the shot. Heard quite the 'death scream' commotion downrange and by the time I got the hogster fired back up it was gone. Looked for it in the woods for a bit but no joy. Went back to the house and got the hound to try and track it. We spent at least 30-45 minutes looking but found nothing. Know I hit him based on the noise afterwards but didnt recover the body and apparently no video to boot. Bummer!

My hogster has been plagued by this issues quite often. Goes off at the moment of a shot. Running an Ankler external battery pack and I think the connection jars loose sometimes. Gotta get that fixed.

Will look more in the morning but its certainly easier with a thermal scanner at night, so I suspect he made quite the run. Probably wont ever find him but we'll see...

Back