Your Pic of the Day

Didn't have the time to take real time pictures, but this is aftermath of an hour in a hard driving rain to recover a nilgai cow my partner shot that managed to get about 400 yards from any hard ground. We only had 300 yards of rope. :(
She expired about 50 yards into the brush on the right. Stuck the truck the first time while dragging her out of the brush and had to winch truck out there.
1719194948780.jpeg

Once we had her out of brush and within reach of our rope, decided to get the truck out while we could and worry about the nilgai later.
1719194114600.jpeg

Buried the truck three times on the way out requiring assistance from the winch to reach the caliche road. Rigged a snatch block and extracted the cow just as the driving rain stopped.
1719195531475.jpeg

While my partner field dressed his nilgai, I secured all the rope.
1719195653225.jpeg

Didn't have the time to take real time pictures, but this is aftermath of an hour in a hard driving rain to recover a nilgai cow my partner shot that managed to get about 400 yards from any hard ground. We only had 300 yards of rope. :(
She expired about 50 yards into the brush on the right. Stuck the truck the first time while dragging her out of the brush and had to winch truck out there.
View attachment 8685
Once we had her out of brush and within reach of our rope, decided to get the truck out while we could and worry about the nilgai later.
View attachment 8683
Buried the truck three times on the way out requiring assistance from the winch to reach the caliche road. Rigged a snatch block and extracted the cow just as the driving rain stopped.
View attachment 8686
While my partner field dressed his nilgai, I secured all the rope.
View attachment 8687
Sounds way too much like work🤬

I just thought we were stuck, Dave. That ice and dust is something we have not had to deal with. Soft sand and and mud here. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Always liked the hitch mounted winch, although never had to use it off the back hitch. Never thought of using it like that, but just one more tool in the box. Just added a 5/8" bolt to my winch bag. :) Good thinking!

Last edited:
Back