Forum difference?

I grew up in a state that nearly every town had a brewery or two or three. My grade school was right next to the Schlitz brewery and their waste water outlet into the Milwaukee River was one of the best spots to shoot carp in the winter. I made a tv beer commercial for Peoples Brewery. My vast Germany and Polish relations worked in the breweries in Milwaukee, Schlitz, Blatz, Miller Highlife, and Papst Blue Ribbon, for employees short fill cases were a buck a case so beer was everywhere and being a good German family beer was allowed at home at any age. By 25 I'd had my fill.

Give me a good Islay Scotch any time.

I like strong beer and strong coffee. My go to beer stylistically are IPAs and depending on the situation it will be a single, double or imperial IPA. If making a day (or night) of it I’ll stick with Kolsch, Lager or Pilsners with lower ABVs.

Coffee is just Black with nothing added.
A man after my heart! Like Erich, half of my bloodline is German, which I blame for my fondness for good beer. I wandered around lost for months after Beck's dropped their Dark beer, landed on Dos Equis Dark which was a poor substitute but better than any of the watered down versions, then I discovered Modelo Dark which is as close to the old Beck's as I've found.
As for coffee, I was pretty well hooked on Cajun chicory coffee which was available in the galley 24/7 of every barge tugboat arriving at our docks for the 20 years I spent there and everywhere (off post) while @ Ft. Polk.
Since retirement, I have drifted back to regular, black please, coffee and when I do drink a beer its usually a Shiner Boch or maybe a Lone Star for old times sake. :)

Early spring walleye fishing on the Fox River the bar at the landing would have Chief Oshkosh Bock on tap, we fished all night back then and at daylight the boats would head down river for a burger and beer for breakfast. The Bock beer was only released in the spring and it was good. Modelo Negra is a nice beer, when I moved to NM people raved about Shiner Bock I find it a poor excuse for a Bock beer. Chief Oshkosh was purchased by Peoples beer and faded from the scene.

Getting farther north Leinenkugel's was the beer of choice it used to be only available around Eau Clair WI now it has become a designer beer a tour of the brewery should be on anyone's list if in central WI, I have a Stormy Kommer Leinenkugel's hat that I wear on cold days hunting.

As far as coffee as long as it has caffeine I drink it until noon usually killing a pot by myself. Instant works for me hunting Id rather sleep a little longer than spend time brewing a pot when hunting. Fishing isnt as important and I take the time to grind beans and make a pot of pour over.

Gotta agree w/your evaluation of Shiner Boch, Erich, but seldom imbibe nowadays and have a friend who loves the stuff so that's whats usually on hand on those rare occasions.

Nice to see you fellas talking about beer. I don’t do any other social media but this. However I realized a while ago that the only people you can talk about predator hunting with, for that matter any hunting with, is other predator hunters. We are a different breed, that’s for sure.

I'll take Pepsi challenge any day...I'll take my gear and knock on doors out west and see how many I can put in a truck in a weekend while someone from the West comes here to NE Ohio /PA and watch them get a reality check how "it's all the same"..lol

I'll take Pepsi challenge any day...I'll take my gear and knock on doors out west and see how many I can put in a truck in a weekend while someone from the West comes here to NE Ohio /PA and watch them get a reality check how "it's all the same"..lol

The real challenge is explaining why you need two separate forums to post your hunting stories.

Real challenge is why we need anything other than 1 Predator Hunting forum. Hogs & Yotes are almost same as Eastern and Western Coyotes..
Reality is the forum is a product of what stimulates posts and information exchange and if we want a sub-forum you don't agree with with because YOU feel it's silly doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.
I no longer have a need for info specific to shotgunning coyotes...so maybe we should dump those archives of info because I think they're silly..lol

I am not complaining. It makes zero difference to me if there is a separate forum. I am not trying to take anything away. This matter was hashed out and a decision was made by those in charge and nothing else matters at this point. I'm simply expressing an opinion about the lack of logic in the situation. Rock on in your silly way.

Last edited:
The reality is that the forum belongs to the members. Admin are members as well, without members, the forum isn't Shiite. Like other social media platforms with higher traffic, I would rather pop into one spot and see fresh new content. This forum can post more content in a story fashion, compared to today's fast-scrolling news feeds. It is more organized and structured, but the masses want fast and fresh with a shorter attention span. It was never about saying there are no differences, it was about keeping it fresh.

Back