Any .25 cal guys out there?

A 25 Souper (243 necked up to .257) makes a well balanced wildcat. 243 bushing die with a 25 cal expander ball, appropriate bushing and a Hornady sleeved 250 Savage seater and. Your ready to go. Plentiful brass, short action, standard bolt face and easy feeding. What more can you ask for.

A 25 Souper (243 necked up to .257) makes a well balanced wildcat. 243 bushing die with a 25 cal expander ball, appropriate bushing and a Hornady sleeved 250 Savage seater and. Your ready to go. Plentiful brass, short action, standard bolt face and easy feeding. What more can you ask for

Same with necked down 260.

Running 25 GPC (25x6.8) 75 cal bullets are a laser beam. Dropped biggest hog 2022 with set up. Prefer lighter weight if AR15 versus heavier AR10 22CM, .243, 6.5CM, 27CM’s etc.

Starting to see some 25s pop up at PRS matches, I'm actually considering the 25x47L.

After running through the whole 260 vs Creed vs 47L I've became a 47L fan because you have so much more room in the magazine, they are stupid accurate, easy to load for, small primer brass and offer pretty much the same speed as the other options.

In a PRS gun a 25x47 or necking up Lapua 6 GT and making a 25 GT would make for a couple of pretty sweet setups.

I loaded up the LAST of my old stock of, Sierra's .25, 75 grain Hp's #1600 . Is my all time Favorite .25 varmint bullet, and I have about 80 loaded in new brass.. then it's just a memory.
For the life of me I can't figure out why Sierra discontinued those ?. They where always just stacked inside MOA every shot. (for me), My AR loved them, More accurate loads than the Vmax's or Speer tnt's or anything else I load up for .25 Varm. and I would trade a night with my sister for more box's.
-

#1600.jpg

-

I bought 2k of the Beger 135 Hybrids yesterday, looks Ike I'm officially in the quarter bore madness now! I'm actually going Creedmore instead of 47L though, there's no denying the brass availability and it is a smidgen faster.

IF, a picture of your sister please. I have a partial box, about 10 hours worth. Just kidding about your sister, but do have most of a box if your interested.

I bought 2k of the Beger 135 Hybrids yesterday, looks Ike I'm officially in the quarter bore madness now! I'm actually going Creedmore instead of 47L though, there's no denying the brass availability and it is a smidgen faster.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm guessing you'll be somewhere around 100fps faster then a 6.5CM shooting a 140 and those 135's have a fair bit better BC so when you run the numbers a 25CM shooting those 135's is pretty impressive. Only downside would be maybe a little less barrel life but not likely a whole lot less.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm guessing you'll be somewhere around 100fps faster then a 6.5CM shooting a 140 and those 135's have a fair bit better BC so when you run the numbers a 25CM shooting those 135's is pretty impressive. Only downside would be maybe a little less barrel life but not likely a whole lot less.

Running the numbers through my AB app is pretty astonishing once your past 900 or so.

I'll give up a little barrel life for less recoil and superior ballistics!!

Reamer will be done in 3 weeks and I picked up a Brux 7.5tw 1.25 truck axle today!

I'm hoping to have the reamer for my 25 SAUM build any day. I probably should have gone 25 PRC since my smith already had one of those reamers on hand and I doubt there will be much more than 50-75 fps difference between the two but that would have just made to much sense so here I wait.

I'm hoping to have the reamer for my 25 SAUM build any day. I probably should have gone 25 PRC since my smith already had one of those reamers on hand and I doubt there will be much more than 50-75 fps difference between the two but that would have just made to much sense so here I wait.

I would think either would be rough on barrel life but dang it would be a laser!!

25-06 Ackley with 75s is dynamite on anything I squeeze the trigger on. It’ll blow pieces of chucks and prairie dogs into the next county, and do so wayyyyy out there too.

Some loads with different grain bullets and powders I’ve got, have got me over 4,000. It’s an absolute laser.

IF, a picture of your sister please. I have a partial box, about 10 hours worth. Just kidding about your sister, but do have most of a box if your interested.

Thanks...PM sent.
Those 75 grn HP's were great. I cant believe Sierra replaced then with some kind of soft-point Varm. bullet . I love using boutique design Varm. HP bullets, over using a soft-point. If there is a pass-threw on coyotes, the Varm. Hp's will be mostly frag. pieces.

I have several friends who insist the .25-06 hung the moon as a varmint cartridge. If you're one of them, more power to you. For my part, though, I'm not a fan. Both the .270 Win. and 6mm Rem. best it in any use that matters. Given that the .270 is more versatile and has cheaper easier to find ammo, I often scratch my head over exactly what the the .25-06 has to offer.

Back