WiFi Trail Cameras

DoubleLungRage

I was just looking at some trail cameras on Amazon that connect to your phone's wifi and some bluetooth.

I was thinking about using these in my yard, but I wonder how far the connection would reach?

Anyone tried them?

Phones WiFi? Or do you mean your house WiFi and you can view through your phone?
It more than likely your house WiFi and they should work as far as your phone will.
I don’t have WiFi trail cams at the house but we do have WYZE cameras all around the house and yards. We can set them to all give us an alarm while on vacation or just certain ones when we’re home.
For cheaper cameras they’re really good and with an SD card installed we have playback.
They also make a solar camera the plantation is testing out that connects to the WiFi. So far those are working good for them. But, you still have to be within WiFi range.
I run Spartan cellular cameras as my trail cams. Those have been workhorses and great for me. My cameras are used 24/7/365 for everything from security to hunting to trapping or just trail watching.

I'm pretty set with cell cams. I use Tactacam for the woods and in my yard.

I was thinking that maybe they work like my scopes... you turn on the wifi to the scope and to my phone, they connect then you use their app. I don't have wifi at home because until a few months ago I couldn't get internet unless I went with satellite and it sucks. I know at my g/fs house my phone will stay connected to her apartment wifi for a good distance outside. If these cameras would reach that far I could use two of them instead of cell cameras.

The issue is.... unless I am over looking it, I don't see a stated distance anywhere.

We use Stealth Cams at out gun club for security. The club is about 20 miles away and I can pull them up on my phone to check activity. My friend uses the same cameras on his property and its maybe 60 miles and he checks them off his phone. Not sure if this is information pertaining to your question or not.

Back