We got 6 coyotes with shotguns on Tuesday.

Good to see you're Still slaying em’! I slowed down the last couple of year after crashing my truck in the Sierra Nevada.

I’m ready to get back after them in 24’. I got a trip planned in a couple weeks

View attachment 4169

On the first stand of the morning I had the shotgun and JP7mag had his rifle. Started out with Bay Bee Cottontail and after about 6 minutes switched to Jackrabbit distress, about 6 minutes later switched to Pup Distress 3 on full volume. 3 or4 minutes later I see a coyote about 50 yards away doing about 40 mph I shot it at about 15 yards away and then saw another coyote heading back the other way at about 50 yards. I shot it twice with TSS #3 shot. It was laying dead 54 big steps away from where I was sitting.
IMG_1501 by Robert , on Flickr

On the second stand I shot a coyote at about 30 yards away that ran in from my right.

On the third stand we had a coyote run straight in towards JP7mag and he put it down with his shotgun.
IMG_1520 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_1521 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
In the second above picture you can see the coyote JP7mag just shot with his shotgun behind a small bush. It looks like some wadding material in the air by the coyote that is going down.

IMG_1535 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This picture is JP7mag holding up his coyote that he shot with his shotgun.

At one point we had 5 coyotes in the first 6 stands. I missed the easiest shots on one coyote with my shotgun.

We should of had 7 coyotes today. We had a great time.
IMG_1553 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
Nice work. You are shooting #3 TSS. I’m fixing to use 2 oz of #2’s pretty soon but the recoil is totally brutal 🤦‍♂️Still shooting my SBE3 to get it to patten lower. Right now it’s 100% above center.

I like the higher pellet count of TSS #3 shot compared to TSS #2 shot. There are more than enough pellets with 1-1/2 oz of TSS #3 shot.

2 oz of TSS #2 has about 108 pellets per shell
1-1/2 oz of TSS #3 has about 100 pellets per shell
1-1/2 oz of TSS #2 has about 81 pellets per shell

I can load 29 more shells out of 11 pounds of TSS shot by loading 1-1/2 oz loads. Loading 2 oz loads loads I can only get 88 loads out of 11 pounds of TSS shot. I don't like the extra recoil of the 2 oz loads.

Nice work. You are shooting #3 TSS. I’m fixing to use 2 oz of #2’s pretty soon but the recoil is totally brutal 🤦‍♂️Still shooting my SBE3 to get it to patten lower. Right now it’s 100% above center.

I like the higher pellet count of TSS #3 shot compared to TSS #2 shot. There are more than enough pellets with 1-1/2 oz of TSS #3 shot.

2 oz of TSS #2 has about 108 pellets per shell
1-1/2 oz of TSS #3 has about 100 pellets per shell
1-1/2 oz of TSS #2 has about 81 pellets per shell

I can load 29 more shells out of 11 pounds of TSS shot by loading 1-1/2 oz loads. Loading 2 oz loads loads I can only get 88 loads out of 11 pounds of TSS shot. I don't like the extra recoil of the 2 oz loads.
Thanks. Appreciate the insight and expertise

Thanks. Appreciate the insight and expertise
IMG_8275.jpeg

The shot pattern is with the 2 oz of TSS 2’s at 45 yards off the sand bags and after I shimmed my SBE3 stock down as
Far as the shims allow. Usable so next time I fire it will be on a coyote.

Back