We got 6 coyotes with shotguns on Tuesday.

derbyacresbob

HOMAnimated (1).gif

On the first stand of the morning I had the shotgun and JP7mag had his rifle. Started out with Bay Bee Cottontail and after about 6 minutes switched to Jackrabbit distress, about 6 minutes later switched to Pup Distress 3 on full volume. 3 or4 minutes later I see a coyote about 50 yards away doing about 40 mph I shot it at about 15 yards away and then saw another coyote heading back the other way at about 50 yards. I shot it twice with TSS #3 shot. It was laying dead 54 big steps away from where I was sitting.
IMG_1501 by Robert , on Flickr

On the second stand I shot a coyote at about 30 yards away that ran in from my right.

On the third stand we had a coyote run straight in towards JP7mag and he put it down with his shotgun.
IMG_1520 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_1521 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
In the second above picture you can see the coyote JP7mag just shot with his shotgun behind a small bush. It looks like some wadding material in the air by the coyote that is going down.

IMG_1535 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This picture is JP7mag holding up his coyote that he shot with his shotgun.

At one point we had 5 coyotes in the first 6 stands. I missed the easiest shots on one coyote with my shotgun.

We should of had 7 coyotes today. We had a great time.
IMG_1553 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Not familiar w/Roam.....is it remote control, motion activated or.....? Should get some great closeup videos.

Back