Utah Rabbits

Not judging you Pard, and no reason to get upset or rude, but if everyone would hunt a little more reponsibly, we could all "Have Fun" equally.

Go east grasshopper

to many people go west, We have been hunting around the Roosevelt and Vernal area for yrs and yrs and the hunting gets bad due to the natural cycles of the rabbit. the last 2 yrs have been phenomenal 10x bag limit possible every day we usually hit it thanksgiving weekend and again just before Christmas

I havent been out where I normally go for a couple months. At that time there were a lot of jacks. Who knows now though.

Quote:
Quote:
Hunt em when ya want, bottom line is it is GREED, "Gotta get em before the other guy does" They may actually be worth something for the fur this year, if you wait till they are prime, but around here, they will be so spooked that by that time you won't be able to call any in, just my two cents worth.

I'll make sure not to spook all of them for you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

too late, I can't wait! It's time to start laying the smackdown!!

too late, I can't wait! It's time to start laying the smackdown!!

I agree Bobtails September is close and thats means its time to get it done.
I havent met you but im sure we will be doing alot of hunting together in the near future

Last edited:
well my nighbor killed a bunch the other day and he said there were all just infected with ticks like really bad so probably alot are dying off from so many ticks because we all know rabbits have ticks and fleas but these ones were just covered.

Last edited:
Everyone I have talked to says that they have never seen so many coyotes as they have this year, while hunting deer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif And there were a ton of rabbits last year so there ought to be a lot of coyotes this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I think) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Went out today all day called 6 shot 2 (Dont Ask)
Still no rabbits only seen 2.
And the area we hunted is some of the best rabbit country in the state.
Still am I the only one seeing this?
It was clear to me the coyote numbers were down , way down.

I feel your pain there man, I had the exact same day 6 dogs and only 2 down yesterday. I looks like it might be a real tough year!

The only coyote Kerry got on film on its way in ,and i layed the smack just as it went behind the only tree that could have got in the way of the camera. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Boz it was a fun trip.. Thats the way it goes the only tree the coyote could have possibly stopped behind to block the camera view and it did.. Im with you I have covered allot of ground this fall and places that usually hold a ton of rabbits have none this year we hunted from daylight to dark yesterday and saw what 1 rabbit?? Kerry

Haven't been out yet to see for myself. You guys are getting me worried though! Although... Calling in six is a pretty good day for me, I'll take that any day and be happy with it.

- DAA

Made a trip to the high country yesterday, not much sign at all, no rabbits at all, found one dead coyote pup that had it's ears and tail cut off ! Heard a few howling at dusk, but didn't sound like many there, not a good sign !

We made about a 3 hour trip to find that the Rabbits were gone seen 1 and this time last year there were Hundreds
And it was clear the coyotes were no where to be found
Should have seen or called 10+ theres just no food source in that area
Didnt get into the Coyotes tell late afternoon and the area held other souces of food other than rabbits

Utah dogger shot a Mountain dogg yesterday is was furred up pritty good

Quote:
We made about a 3 hour trip to find that the Rabbits were gone seen 1 and this time last year there were Hundreds
And it was clear the coyotes were no where to be found
Should have seen or called 10+ theres just no food source in that area
Didnt get into the Coyotes tell late afternoon and the area held other souces of food other than rabbits

Utah dogger shot a Mountain dogg yesterday is was furred up pritty good

Yeah I have seen that same thing in Utah. There were 2 spots that I had been 2 with friends that held tons of rabbits no matter how many we killed they were everywhere then we took a trip the next year and there were almost no rabbits. I also noticed it in a spot I have called several times in Northern Utah.

I took Kerry and Rob to a spot this last weekend that I have never been out to without seeing rabbits in the road and running all over and I think we saw one is all.

Back