Sig Sauer?

I've never owned one, but I noticed that they dropped their prices big time from when they first started coming out. That usually means that the product didn't compete well with other products in the same price range.

One scope company that I have been pretty impressed with (especially when they are on sale) is ZeroTech.

I'm not knocking the SIG scopes. I just noticed that with the prices a while back.

ZeroTech is an Australian company. Most of their scopes are made in China. I have two of their Thrive models and for the money I think they are very good. Good glass and good tracking.

Athlon has a good following. Also most models made in China.

Since you are looking a lower priced scopes, take a look at Arken as well. They have a "hunting" scope out now.

I'm using a couple of Athlon 2-12 scopes and like them a lot. It is the most powerful scope I have on a hunting rifle but on 2x it has a quite large FOV that I prefer on calling rifles.

zqXVn2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using a couple of Athlon 2-12 scopes and like them a lot. It is the most powerful scope I have on a hunting rifle but on 2x it has a quite large FOV that I prefer on calling rifles.

zqXVn2.jpg
Thanks,
I forgot I have an Athlon Talos on a 22 Mag. And really like it.
Thinking the 3-12x40

I have a Talos 3-12 that isn't bad. I decided I would get a 4-16 and it's horrible. You can't use it above 8x. The reflection from inside the scope is crazy bright and washes it out.
If you look in the scope backwards it appears its from the way the tube is stretched and it crinkled. I need to send it to them and see if the replacement is any better

I've had a Athlon Talos and wasn't overly impressed with it. Mine had an illumination turret that was so tight I had to use pliers just to turn it...seriously. But I have been looking at the Arken and the Maven lines. I'm needing a mid power range scope with a one inch tube.

The Sig Whiskey 3 are on sale at several places for around $100-130in 3x9 and 4-12…they would be a step up from the Buckmaster series. I had a 3-9 maybe 5yrs ago and was impressed with it for the cost.

Sightron S1H would be a good choice as well. If you want or need an illuminated reticle Sig has the Whiskey 4 for around $300ish

Sig has pretty nice scope rings as well. I have a set of the Alphas and they are as nice as Warne Maximas with a sleeker design.

I've had a Athlon Talos and wasn't overly impressed with it. Mine had an illumination turret that was so tight I had to use pliers just to turn it...seriously. But I have been looking at the Arken and the Maven lines. I'm needing a mid power range scope with a one inch tube.
I'm starting to see Maven pop up more and more. Haven't hear/read anything negative about them. Ron Spomer started using them on his channel.

Have read a little on the Maven but that's about it. I did get to look through an Arken last week that a buddy was using. Other than a 34mm tube it was pretty nice. Not overly "Tacti cool" and not huge either.

Back