Ruger American GenII

Drama? I don't see that at all. I think it's just his personality coming through. Like everything else, I try to decipher things and take away the stuff I find interesting or informational. And you have to admit he does a lot of things that are informative.
His newer videos may be better. In his early days, he would buy a bunch of rifles then complain about whats wrong with them. One example.. Buy a rifle with a non threaded barrel ,then raise a fuss about it not being threaded. Maybe drama is a poor choice of description for it ?

To the OP, sorry for the slight wrong turn.

It's entertainment. He's entertainment. I enjoy his videos and he's been able to make a run on doing something he enjoys. He brings fresh content to his channel often. There's definitely some paid sponsorship going on within his channel from Remington and others. Glad he can do what he likes. I'm sure Toliver's business has increased as well based on his channel.

It's entertainment. He's entertainment. I enjoy his videos and he's been able to make a run on doing something he enjoys. He brings fresh content to his channel often. There's definitely some paid sponsorship going on within his channel from Remington and others. Glad he can do what he likes. I'm sure Toliver's business has increased as well based on his channel.
You are referring to WTW. The discussion was about Backfire .

WTW does a great job now that he got ride of his old rickety lead sled ..haha

Last edited:
I’ll stay off the lawn and stick with Gunblue490’s videos/content. He’s real and way less douchy.
Is he a you tuber? I don't think I've seen his videos...yet. I mainly watch to see accuracy reviews as well as quality no matter who is making the video.

I take that back. I have seen his videos. Hate to say it but he about puts me to sleep watching them.

They're nice but I think the allure for most was the budget aspect of the first models they came out with. Stevens 334, Savage Axis and Mossberg Patriot you can get for way less and they probably shoot just as good if not better. That $700 price tag on it turns me off to the idea of getting one.

I'd rather pitch in a few hundred more dollars and get a Bergara or even a Ruger Hawkeye. That's getting up there with the guns that have been proven to be accurate, reliable rifles at that price point. It's just a glammed up budget gun for all we know. Just my opinion of course.

I have a go wild in 350 legend, a ranch also in 350 legend and a predator in 223. I used to live in Iowa and moved to Austin, TX for 5 years. I’m now in Des Moines and just started shooting again. I didn’t get much of a chance to shoot in Texas. I read a bunch of really bad reviews, so I decided to run test them. In the reviews, one guy was getting 5 inch groups at 100 yards, and I know he’s a better shot than me.

The action on the predator is not that smooth, but I think it is partially due to the fact it takes AR style box mags. I lubed it up and got it working well. The Predator was shooting 1 to 1-1/2 MOA. I also took ten shots at a four inch plate with a hot barrel. I was satisfied. I like the concept of being able to take an AR and a bolt using the same mags. I think I got lucky and got a good one. One other thing. These guns are really light.

The Ranch 350 was shooting 1-1/2 after the barrel heated. Cold it was an inch. I like this for the same reason. Same mags and ammo as my CMMG 350 legend. I think they are decent guns. The action of the bolt is mediocre.

Back