RainShadow Labs, Central WA

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
My personal dog, Bella, miss hunting-machine ferocity, had her last litter last night! She’s retiring after these pups!

I’ll be hitting the callback list in the order of request.

Several were looking for chocolates, and while Bella usually throws a couple, this litter is all black. 7 pups, 4 boys 3 girls... So there may be a few available afterwards.

If you want to be added to the bottom of the list for contact ASAP, please let me know!

(These will be raised the same as the previous litters, dew claws removed, 3 weeks of superdog ENS therapy, two set of shots, four sets of wormings, food discipline, gate discipline, bark discipline, jump up discipline, etc. Conditioned and ready to train! AKC applications upon pickup.)

Follow the website and facebook page for methods and training progress.

Aug 1 pickup

7e11ace289b5ac50dba86b459ac3e7b3.jpg

Been out of town for a couple weeks (toured all around TX visiting family) Grandma has been puppysitting, socializing, and doing the post ENS Therapy conditioning. She spent several sessions of subtle manners training/socialization every single day! These pups are calm, responsive, trusting, and wonderfully sweet with people.

They understood and responded to the initial gate training absolutely immediately. They’re not excited to greet me yet since I just started back with them, but they listened and understood the gate rules within the first one or two corrections. Really excited to get this batch established with the training!

They’re (happily and calmly) LISTENING!!!

Both genders still available!

cb9312ac3ebb46309eafcdc6c0752ed3.jpg

Grandma time (my Mom was housesitting, spent 3 or more sessions per day weeks 3-6 interacting and gently teaching manners) really made this group an exceptional bunch. Great eye contact, great attitudes, super responsive to humans, not jumping and crazy… food manners well underway, gate manners established.

Looking for a GREAT dog?!?!

Just a thought... planning a drive from Central WA almost to the central east coast mid Aug... could meet up if you want a RainShadow Pup!

Driving I90 from WA to IA, then dropping South to KY in a couple weeks. Already bringing a pup for a new owner in MN! Saves all the airfare if we could meet!

Several of these still available.

Open to trades and ideas.

Looking to award ONE scholarship/service puppy.

Wanted to show the enthusiasm under control. They're expecting snuggles, what they live for, but they listen...

Waiting for food… Red Glitter Collar boy consistently lies down when he’s sitting before the “Food” release. I interpret that as a very good thing, he’s keeping himself in check so he won’t break early.

He’s still looking for a new home, let me know if you or someone you know would like to talk about it! I’d love to mentor someone or some family through training him up!

Still looking for a service or scholarship recipient too. 4H? AKC Junior Hunter? Seeing Eye? Drug Sniffer? Police Station Mascot? These dogs can do anything you put their mind to! Let’s talk!

Can deliver along the I90 corridor next week!

d1ab52cdcec88ec5852cf8e1fa865744.jpg

c499d193eeed16a49ba906bd46999451.jpg

This is “Moose” one of our pups who lives in Montana. He’s an all around hunter, shed hunter, and companion dog. His owner says he couldn’t live without him!
That’s the fulfilling part of breeding purebred dogs! I know what a companion hunting dog is worth to me, so I love seeing it come to fruition with my pups!

I just dropped off a Minnesota Puppy, Beau, who has already established with his owner and locked in potty training and leash training. His owner is very excited!

One of the lesser parts is when someone backs out of a commitment to a pup… five weeks later!

Female Pup is available again!

I’ve been extremely busy during this litter, I’ve been away from home three times for a total of almost four weeks. The pups have received great attention in my absence and have developed wonderfully well, but I have not marketed and promoted them like I should have.

13 week old pups, F, M, and M, still available from Bella and Milo. They are locked in with their puppy disciplines, sharp listening skills and super happy dispositions, and now they are going to start the next level of training this week. (Leash, Heel, Sit when stopping on heel without verbal command, Kennel, and Come after holding a sit and I walk away.)

They will likely have those before 14 weeks and I’ll incorporate a fetching session (with correct disciplines) as they advance.

Same price, and a short new-owner training session upon pickup.

The next two weekends is an ideal time to grab yourself a pre-trained Puppy!

I actually DON’T HAVE ANY LITTERS PLANNED FOR 2025!

I’ve got so many things going with aging out teenagers in my house, several of which are my pack owners, I need to mothball the Kennel for awhile.

Have Lily’s litter planned for next month.

Might have some test litters with my wife’s Creme Retriever.

But other than that, RainShadow Labs is taking a break starting next year.

These last three are all great pups, amazing potential, super happy, great attention…
But the one I called Lie-down-boy, he’s going to be special.
He’s just got that communicative connection that you have to work at with the others. Some take a few days, some a week. My pups switch that on faster than most because of their structured upbringing… but he’s already got it. He’s just going to be special.
He’s got a mickey mouse collar on now.
I spent some time sitting with them, and they were very happy to get the personal time! Tends to go ‘paws up’ when a puppy gets excited to see you. Sister and brother took a few turns on their backs in correction. Lie-down-boy tried a few swipes, got verbal correction, eye contact, understanding, humble submission… even through the enthusiasm of getting pets and affection from the alpha human. He badly wanted to go paws up again, but you could see him resist, maintain eye contact, and look for my approval.
He’s going to be special.
They all are. But he’s a gem!

Back