Online Coyote Class with Geoff Nemnich

However, since there are so many more new hunters, there is a demand for training. And I’d rather have new hunters be interested enough to get some type of training even before they jump right into the field. That way they will be more successful while also not making as many mistakes and creating more of a challenge for everyone else.
Yes, that's why sharing the basics is of benefit, not only to the newbies, but for us all. While the high dollar tutorials probably go a bit farther than the basics, the cost is most likely a barrier for the casual newcomer, that's where PM steps up.

There isn't a substitute for time on task. Yes, you can pick up some pointers from the internet, books, dvd's, etc. But the hunter who is in the woods day after day (night after night) is always going to have the advantage. Trial and lots of error can be your best friend. Enjoy the successes and learn from the mistakes and forget that you can shortcut this process on the internet. If it was easy everybody could do it, and while many try, most fall by the wayside over time.
I completely agree with this. Great post. I think one thing that is incredibly common nowadays is the attitude about new hunters messing up and educating predators, and in the process they’re making it tougher on the rest of us. I think we just feel it more these days because of the current state of things across the board. Attitude towards hunting in general. Lack of access in many places. Increased popularity of predator hunting.

I think for anybody that has worked through this and found success after sticking with it, it’s pretty easy to forget that we were all that newbie when we started. We were that person educating coyotes. Nobody started this quest at the top of their game. It was learned and earned. We should consider this before we cast opinions and potentially deter new folks from being part of the sport.

We, who have put in the time, figured things out, became a successful predator hunter… We are still the most successful because we have adapted to the current environment. Just like the coyotes we pursue. We just gotta adapt to the things we can’t fully control. None of us stick with this because it’s easy. We stick with it because it’s challenging.

Last edited:
After reading all of the responses I totally agree with all, I know for a fact that I am not a pro like some and am still learning all the time, I do know if killing here in the east was as easy as in the west you would see more shows about hunting and calling the east. I had the chance one time to ask Mike Dillen of Foxpro why they don't do a show on coyote calling in PA. he said it take to many hours, days to get enough film for half hour show, not cost efficient. I know a coyote is the same anywhere in the country but tactics are different west to east that is my opinion.

If that is a semi quote from Mike Dillon, then I think that should settle the conversations about "is there a difference". Just sayin.

If you have the money and was even interested you should got ahead and try it. You might learn enough to get yourself started in a successful hunt to teach yourself more.

At least you know Geoff will use the money to progress the sport and make video content that will entertain others.

That is what l am referring to. They gotta be hunted differently.
Yep… totally agree Mike. We have to hunt them in a way that works for the environment they live in and the amount of them around, and to a point, the amount of pressure and human interaction they receive.

We do however call all coyotes, everywhere using the same METHODS AND FUNDAMENTALS. Distress calls. Coyote vocalizations. Animal sounds. Play the wind. Use terrain to your advantage.

If someone somewhere calls coyotes some other different way, please enlighten me. I am truly curious.

Started in 2006 after my divorce, kill anywhere from 120-150 per year.

2023 was a tough year after having both knees replaced, quit hunting in early February. Usually hunt through March/April.
Anyhow, I watch Coyote hunting videos on YouTube just about every evening and have many DVDs from Verminators, Coyote Craze, FoxPro and Randy Anderson.

Erasers are on pencils because everyone makes mistakes, I have learned from many and i am still learning.

I don't mean to thread-jack but it seemed an obvious question that'd aid more than just myself.. Who is giving good instruction on YouTube in your opinions?

Thanks in advance,

SwiftyP

As far as instructions go, I'd say Jon Collins (his old stuff on Tooth & Claw) and Hidden Instinct. Jon has moved on to Foxpro and Hidden Instinct just moved on. Both are good sources, at least they were for me.

I look at this 2 ways, some like to have someone show them and jump there learning curve so to speak. Others I think like the challenge for learning there own way, myself included. Ive hunted with a few people and learned some new things and some things i dont care for if im hunting, calling cadence, time on stand being the biggest for me. im 20 min and hardly stop the call, but i also take pride in reloading specific for coyotes, things iv learned on my own and what iv read and watched online. I say to all there own and how they want to do it or try it, I said id never have a $800 tripod or $500 call, 2-3yrs later i own both. If someone thinks its worth it for them then do it.

I don't mean to thread-jack but it seemed an obvious question that'd aid more than just myself.. Who is giving good instruction on YouTube in your opinions?

Thanks in advance,

SwiftyP
Ive like cal taylor, geoff nemnich, Last Breath Huntcast, Steve Criner, Les Johnson, Rick Palliet,

Back