NEW Iray RH25 V2

skinney

Director
I've personally used the Trijicon M250, M300W, NVision Nox, AGM stingIR, Iray MH25 with the FLCOS, and the newer MH25 with the OLED, one of the only FLIR Breach 640 12 BOSON, and the Iray RH25 and RH25 V2.

I've used them as hand held, helmet mounted, weapon sighted, as well as clip on "if applicable" and I always tell guys my favorite thermal to date was the RH25. Now I have to admit it's the RH25V2.

As you can see in the pics, it boasts a huge ocular lens, giving you an amazing amount of forgiveness in eye relief, and allowing you at least a 5X mag when using as a clip on. I don't know exactly how much the display has actually grown, but I do know it's significantly larger than the V1, easily noticeable when compared side by side.
When I unboxed the unit, my first thoughts were the weight. I didn't know all the specs at the time so I weighed it with the pictail and the lens cover along with an 18650 in comparison to the Rh25 V1, The V1 weighed in at 13.7oz and the V2 is 12.7oz. I guess going to the machined magnesium body gave it a slight edge in weight reduction.
The other nice upgrade was the USB-C charge/data transfer port. I personally didn't have any issues using the 18650 batteries, as I would carry a spare in my agilite bridge, but now we may be entertaining the option using the unit with an external power source. The new V2 also has audio, which is amazing for us now you'll hear everything.
Another upgrade to note is the polarity, the polarity is on the same level as the RS75, TX60 and RH50R, which is the best I've seen in any thermal unit.
At a price that is 1K under the OG RH25 this is gonna be an a$$ kicker fellas. 5K for the new V2 is well worth it IMHO.
There is also the significant upgrades to the RL25 V2, with it's major talkingpoint being the ability to use it as a clip-on as well, and at a 3K pricepoint.
I have been using this for some time now and have a dozen coming to inventory this week.
I will also be doing a full review of this unit along with my personal helmet set up and a side by side comparison to the RH25's V1 and V2.

20241015_150703.jpg
20241015_150728.jpg

“So the Focal Plane Array on the RH25 V2 pixel count has been reduced. It is a 640 H x 480 V whereas the original version is a 640 H x 512 V.

The FOV is specified to be 17.5 H x 13.1 V for both of these units. So the V2 is sampling 1 pixel = 2.96 Square Inches at 100 yards and the original is sampling 1 pixel = 2.77 Square Inches at 100 yards”

This is a direct copy and paste from elsewhere. I’m curious to hear how that translates to being better as a clip on. Not doubting it at all, I never thought the RH25 was terrific as a clip on to start with. Usable, but not terrific.

This is a direct copy and paste from elsewhere. I’m curious to hear how that translates to being better as a clip on. Not doubting it at all, I never thought the RH25 was terrific as a clip on to start with. Usable, but not terrific.
I would say the ocular would have more to do with it being more compliant as clip on. HOWEVER, the display resolution on the V2 is 1440X1080 vs the older 1024X768, doesn't hurt playing a part in having a better image using a higher magnified optic, when used as a clip on.

I look at the RH25 as a very well rounded, durable, modular unit that can do more than most. It may not shine as a clip on, BUT it functions well as a clip on. Whether you purchase it for it's size and want to have a smaller profile while using it in that manner, it's definitely limited to a certain degree based on the germanium size. IF you want to compare it to a stand alone clip on, like a UTCXII, Mate50 or something similar, sure you will probably get better performance with the latter, but that's all you will get.

IF you want a SHTF scenario go bag, insurance policy of a thermal, that you can transition from the helmet to a weapon sight or clip on in literally 10 seconds using the MQD mount. This is it.

Back