Jealousy

Spurchaser

Don’t know if this is where to post, but just want to say, this is the best site I visit.
I’m only on a few trapping/predator sites and all but this one have so much jealousy it’s not even worth visiting most of the time.
Don’t understand folks that just can’t be happy for someone, but there’s a lot out there that seem to find fault with anything you do that they don’t do or can’t afford to do or Heaven forbid, maybe do better than them.
I haven’t posted ANYTHING on this site and received a negative comment. Even when asking for help or criticism everyone is very respectful. Other sites are grown men too, but can’t seem to be happy about anything.
So with that said…Kudos to all on this site and thanks for everyone’s help and being willing to pass on their knowledge!

I’m Jealous Spur! Not so much with you. That boy of yours! I can’t get that recent buck out of my head!

It’s not fair man!… just not fair. I know you feel bad about this so just PM me the details and we can make plans for my visit.

So far I'd say there's a pretty good group of guys on here. I enjoy learning how things are done up North and out West compared to here in the Southeast.

I’m Jealous Spur! Not so much with you. That boy of yours! I can’t get that recent buck out of my head!

It’s not fair man!… just not fair. I know you feel bad about this so just PM me the details and we can make plans for my visit.
Haha, not that kind of jealousy, I’m that way with Infidel, if I could just tag along and watch through my thermal with an empty rifle I’d be thrilled, lol.
There’s a lot of great hunters and teachers on this site, almost like getting a free education and a jump on the learning curve.
And yeah, that deer my son got blew up more than we expected. From probably a 110” buck a couple years ago to what he scored now is crazy. We actually talked about him today, believe it or not. A lot of folks don’t care for “trophy” hunting, but I don’t think they understand the time and effort that goes into it. Following a buck for those years, learning travel routes, time stressing during the off season, etc is a lot of work. I wouldn’t even post anything if he’d just gone out to sit and it just strolled by and he shot it, lol. We like a history with deer. Watching them grow is 75% of the fun. After you kill one, it’s back to finding another and the whole process starts again. He said, based on everything mentioned, he’d never again fault high fence hunters, lol. Let them do all the work and he’ll just show up to shoot!
He’s getting a whiskey barrel with 4 attachments and putting a 154” 168” 172” and the 176” on it to display all the mounts. When he gets that done I’ll post a pic. Should be pretty sweet to see.

So far I'd say there's a pretty good group of guys on here. I enjoy learning how things are done up North and out West compared to here in the Southeast.
Yes sir, guess you could say I’m a little “jealous” of the terrain out West where they can see a coyote at 1000yds and watch them come in. 200yds where we call is a stretch and it’s got to be harrowed up.
Some of the fields we’ve killed in the past are still 5-6ft high, but come Nov they’ll be harrowed up and we can get back to calling. Only another couple of weeks now.

And mentioning guys on here, it’s not just the calling either, if your want to reload or build your own rifle there’s folks here that’ll talk you through step by step and encourage you along the way.

Just a great site in general!

Back