Inreach / life flight insurance

Slagiatt

Anybody use this? Im about to have no family nearby that i can inform of my whereabouts, expected time of return. Never worried about it for a lot of years, but a few years back i had a close call while tracking a lion near an icy cliff edge. Really made me feel mortal. I think its time for me to get an inreach / sos device, and some helicopter insurance. Looking to shorten the learning curve on the insurance thing. Sounds like life flight is 60 per year. If i hit that sos button, and a usfs, county, dnr etc chopper hauls me out, will life flight cover it? Or will they only cover their own contractor type of thing? Any advice on which company to insure myself with so in the event of an emergency i dont get hit with a 400k helicoper bill that will make me want to kill myself anyway?

Interesting post.

I do not worry about such things,but I'm not normally far from home anymore. I may change my mind if something drastic happens. Otherwise , if it's my time then it's my time.

Google Repatriation, Medevac, and Ambulance insurance. Get a quote on some policies and read the fine print. It is expensive. I had repatriation insurance for a trip overseas and it was a one time cost and very pricey.

Back