Infiray Finder FH35R V2

I really need to delete this site…costing me money almost every time I look!!! That is sweet!!
So how much run time do you get? I looked up what’s advertised, but would like real use knowledge.

My local gun store has them in stock and I have to fight myself every single time I go in to not buy it. I have a goal in mind and I need to be and adult....lol

I have this unit and i mostly love it. I think it’s biggest draw back is battery life. In 50* weather I can get about 2 hours of use from 1 battery. When i use it i go back and forth between on and standby to preserve battery life. I.e. when i’m not looking through it a quick press of the power button puts it in standby and it will quickly wake up with another quick press. That felt long winded but hopefully somebody finds it useful.

I’d like to eventually figure out an external power solution thats not too bulk to fit in my bino pack.

I think this one has IRays proprietary battery. I'm not a huge fan of proprietary systems in general but I might make an exception for this one. I would probably just buy extra batteries. I've tried external power sources with cables and I inevitably always end up snagged on something and pulling the cable.

Yep it’s the IPB-2 battery. The unit comes with 2 and i purchased an extra. I think that will be enough to get me through a night if i always have one on the charger in the truck.

I can’t help but think how nice it would be to not be constantly thinking about the battery. I guess that’s just thermal hunting.

Spotstalkshoot see item 12

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpeg
    IMG_1239.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 13
Yep it’s the IPB-2 battery. The unit comes with 2 and i purchased an extra. I think that will be enough to get me through a night if i always have one on the charger in the truck.

I can’t help but think how nice it would be to not be constantly thinking about the battery. I guess that’s just thermal hunting.

Same here got an extra battery for 3, but I usually never go past 2 batteries when out.
I been putting a lot of hours on mine since Feb.2024 and it really is a pretty good Scanner and user friendly layout .

When the conditions are really good I have gotten LRF hits on larger hard reflective objects out to 600 and 700 yards . But with this Therm. scanner the LRF is low-end add-on, and the Iray Scanner is the main thing you really paying for . For 'solid' LRF hits on Dogs in flat fields you can get into the 200+ yrd. and 300 yard area pretty reliable.
The LRF is a little Hinky with mine periodically . sometimes it won't range . I see it pumping out a IR blink pulse looking with NV, but It not Ranging . This--> but if I wave my hand in-front of the LRF lens it instantly starts to Range and I get a screen reading . And like most lower-end LRF's, you get a slight bit of moisture in the Air and the Ranging goes to crap.

I haven’t used the range finder all that much lately. I originally got it thinking i was going to go the clip on route but then got an RH50R v2 which has it’s own LRF.

The times i did notice the range finder not working i realized my finger or hand were in the way 🤣

Back