Getting closer to that time.

Yea we don’t play the scoring game here. Most years I won’t shoot whitetail. I let my wife shoot them. She has only hunted deer I think 5 years now. So she gets a charge from it. I’ll let her shoot a 4yr old if a 8pt but we do the same looking for those older mature deer. I don’t like to eat whitetail deer no more. I do cause she shoots them but I’d much rather eat axis. We kill about 20 a year. Sometimes I even shoot them for dog food they are really getting out of hand over here kinda like pigs.

I’d much rather eat axis
No doubt! No axis down here, so have never tried axis, but I quit hunting deer in preference to hunting coyotes years ago, and took up exotic hunting to keep the freezer stocked. The exotics are a bit more challenging than deer, mainly due to the fact they usually run in groups so a lot harder to stalk. Just running out of the last nilgai I took so guess we'll be hunting the super markets in the future. I doubt there are any coyotes to chase there, either. :cry:

No doubt! No axis down here, so have never tried axis, but I quit hunting deer in preference to hunting coyotes years ago, and took up exotic hunting to keep the freezer stocked. The exotics are a bit more challenging than deer, mainly due to the fact they usually run in groups so a lot harder to stalk. Just running out of the last nilgai I took so guess we'll be hunting the super markets in the future. I doubt there are any coyotes to chase there, either. :cry:
I don’t know about that. Better be careful.

Once I shot a turkey in HEB while I successfully retrieved it , a short time latter I found myself in the klink. Never hunted there again.

Back