Fox Pro vs Lucky Duck

Volunteer78

Honestly only call I've ever used was a Fox pro but saw the Lucky Duck online and just wanted to see what folks on here liked or disliked about each. I'm interested in the Foxpro x24 and Shockwave and the Lucky Duck super revolt. Price wise after adding a decoy they all are around the same price. Are there any callers water proof? Any advice on good places to find them other that BPS would be appreciated as well.

I have just about one of everything I guess. I put off Icotec for a long time but they are pretty dang good imo. Remote range is way better than Foxpro, mostly, if that matters. To me it don’t. Great sound quality when using good sounds, easy to put sounds on… which is important to me…and has volume.

I saved and got the Icotec Outlaw+. The remote range was really important for me. I had been using a borrowed FoxPro and 50yds was absolute max I could use it and that was pushing it with no visual obstructions. The Icotec I’ve tested out to 200yds just to see if it would work that far, lol.
The Icotec has good sounds and it’s extremely easy to add sounds.
The decoy can be removed if not needed.
The remote is easy to read both day and night.
I also got the battery pack for the caller and it will last for forever on a charge. The remote takes regular batteries and it lasts longer than the battery pack. In fact the batteries in the remote lasted 9 months before I accidentally left it on and had to replace them.

Now with that said, I may eventually get me an X24.

I have all 4 major calls. It does come down to personal preference for the most part. My favorite is Lucky duck super revolt hands down. Most innovative call In my option and they run sales often $600. Decoy which I wont use for coyotes. Tripod and revolving call on the tripod which really cast sounds out and sounds like being cast from different directions. Their remote is the easiest to navigate without looking at it due to its buttons. The icotec night stalker is also a solid made call. No real bells n whistles but one of the best batteries on the market. Longest lasting charges quick. Both it and LD both can play 2 sounds at once which can be super triggering. Icotec boast of longest range of remote, its pretty good line of sight. I have the Freq and I like its construction but I can’t say agree in the way it’s advertised. That said I have called in and killed a 8/9 year old female yote with it. Then there’s Fox Pro x wave which is my least favorite. From day 1 of receiving it I’ve had trouble with a speaker it gets repaired then same side speaker goes out again then again. The battery cover pops off way to easy then battery dangles. Had I not had all the issues from day 1 possibly id feel different. I don’t feel that it’s made for everyday use or the professional caller. Although 8 out of 10 people I know love them.

I have had a Fusion since 2017. Bought a LD Roughneck a little over a year ago. Seems the Roughneck’s sound quality and volume is a little better than the Fusion’s. Found it sometimes helps to hast two calls separated by 100 yds or so. Has helped us with those circling coyotes. Partner & I hunt two nights a week. With a partner it’s not that big of a deal to set out two calls. The reason I went with the Roughneck was to have some sounds they maybe haven’t heard before. Doesn’t seem that that thought process made much difference. If I had it do again I would get a X24 instead of the Roughneck. The foxpro remote is hands down superior in features and ease of operation over the Roughneck remote. However I don’t use the Fusion’s sound combination, pitch and other advanced features that much. Matter of fact Allpredators has a sale of refurbished X24s on now, ends tomorrow, $399. 95% sure I going to get one of those X24s and sell the Roughneck. Neither call is waterproof but since 2016 we have killed two wet coyotes. I sure others may have valid-different/contrary opinions Hope this helps.

I like the foxpro, but way prefer the LD vocals. Even over mfk and TT… don’t know what it is but Ricks sounds are just so great and realistic sounding compared to some of the others. They also seem to work better for me, here in foxpro country where there made (PA)

Back