Entry level Foxpro

DustyH

Just getting into coyote hunting and was looking for an entry level caller. Local shops have the Foxpro Prowler. Is the sound quality of these acceptable? Do the more expensive versions just have more features?
Can you upgrade the sounds on it?
For reference I am in Louisiana, hunting small fields.

I went and looked at it and it sounds just like the Patriot with a bigger screen on the remote. I finished up the season last year with the Patriot and it was a great little call. They are lightweight, good sound and easy to use. I also own a Cs-24, Wildlife Technology called and a Minaska.

Good call to start with, three year warranty, reasonable price, decent sound selection. If predator hunting rings your chimes, you can always upgrade in the future if you think you need more caller. It isn't the caller that makes a successful predator hunter. It's the hunter that makes the caller successful.

I've been using a foxpro inferno for a few years. I'm happy with it. It looks like the prowler is a newer and updated version of what I have. One think i've noticed when comparing to a friend's Icotec nightstalker, my inferno isn't quite as loud or crisp at high volumes. But many times full volume isn't needed. I have a foxpro SP-60 external speaker for my inferno. I rarely use it. The SP-60 seems to boost the sound a little, but not much.

I added some custom sounds to mine from MFK, tony tebbe, and predator tactics university. It looks like you can add sounds to the prowler too.

I agree with AWS on the Patriot. My FX3 died and I replaced it with the Patriot and I haven't got to use it yet but it seems like a solid little unit so far. Just playing with it in the house and its really easy to use. And I didn't even read the instructions.....yet.LOL

Drove 50 Miles to the nearest store that showed inventory, and it was out of stock. They had the hell at or lucky dog rebel, so I opted for the Hellcat.

I own several e-callers, but honestly I remember calling coyotes when I first started with a boom box and cassettes. I would set it up about 20-30 yards away start it and run back to my seat and wait. Called in a bunch that way, but then again not everyone had callers back then and no TV shows I remember. so it wasn't as popular then, around 1982-3. I have about 5 sounds I generally use for most stands. The other 100 or so not so much.

My first was a auto cassette player, a speaker and a motorcycle battery. I put it in a plastic battery box used in boats. Weighed a ton and the sound quality really sucked. My next one was a Johnny Stewart and a box full of tapes. Just a little better than the car stereo but not by much.

Back