Duracell batteries leaking?

1trkyhntr

I have been a devoted user of Duracell batteries for years and never had any real problems with them leaking, until now. I bought a big pack of the AA's and the AAA's. These are the new style with the rings, or bands, around the copper colored part. I am thoroughly disgusted with these new batteries. Almost every appliance that I have put them in has suffered damage from leaking batteries. They basically have ruined a large Maglite, severely damaged a small Maglight, a couple of remotes, and just now after replacing the leaking batteries in my voltage tester 3 weeks ago it would not work today because the new batteries leaked and corroded it.
Anyone else having the same problem with the new Duracell's?
I quit using Energizer batteries years ago because of leaking. Maybe they are better now? I need to find something besides Duracell.

Uhhgg! That sucks! Unfortunately, the quality of just about everything has tanked. I don’t have a recommendation for a better alkaline battery unfortunately. I’d say I have had similar happen with just about every battery on the market at one point or another. Duracell included.

Energizer ultimate lithium AA & AAA have never caused damage, nor my Enloop rechargeables in AA. They’re an investment compared to alkaline bulk packs, but when you take the damaged equipment into consideration, it is probably just like paying for insurance.

I use Eneloop rechargeable batteries in my call, call remote, and some other expensive devices. But for the household remotes, etc I just use alkaline batteries. I'm planning to switch to %100 Eneloops as the alkaline batteries go dead. It is a shame that the quality of just about everything is going down as fast as the price is going up.
I have some Eneloops that are over 10 years old, back when they were labeled Sanyo instead of Panasonic. Never had one leak. At the price of Alkaline batteries now the Eneloops are definitely a better long term investment.

I too am a duracell devotee and have not had issue--yet, it sounds like. Going to all enneloop may be the way to go.

take pictures of the damage and the leaking batteries (if you still have them) and contact duracell cumstomer service

battery comnpanies will - or used to - replace damaged equipment due to failed/leaking cells.

ive had multiple maglights replaced over the years - back when the LED ones first came out. they tried to say i had to keep the batteries out of the flashlight on the one call, and that due to the nature of the LED's being so effient the batteries were lasting longer than intended, but in the end i got ever maglight ever damaged by a battery replaced.

Duracells don’t last. Quit using them years ago. I’ll be honest for just regular alkaline batteries my wife gets me the 48 packs from Sam’s. I just use them in cell cams, but they last a lot longer than the Duracells ever did.

I just checked after seeing your post. I use procell a spin off of dura cell I guess. I put these in my gps 4 weeks ago. I’ll be checking my trail cams now.

Attachments

• IMG_5407.jpeg
    IMG_5407.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 14
Same thing happened to me, sent whole thing to Duracell because it was corroded into one solid mass, took about a year but they sent me a check for $70 and thanked me for letting them know. Not sure it makes any difference but they were made in China

Back