Chest Pack Thoughts for Night Hunting Mainly

That comment about thanking Kino later to tether your scanner also goes to the remote in my case. And instead of reflective paracord, I use reflective tape on all my stuff that can be seen from all directions including my call, chair, tripod, gun clip (dropped it once), and even a little square on the front of the forearm.

That comment about thanking Kino later to tether your scanner also goes to the remote in my case. And instead of reflective paracord, I use reflective tape on all my stuff that can be seen from all directions including my call, chair, tripod, gun clip (dropped it once), and even a little square on the front of the forearm.
Amen to that Mike! Fortunately for me I work in the Transit marking industry and have an unlimited supply of reflective materials to choose from! I’m particularly fond of the very highly reflective prismatic materials that are used for DOT approved reflectors on vehicles and road signage. Very small dots of material are extremely visible when you need them to be!

Kino or anyone for that matter, PM if you know someone that sells the packs at a fair price. I learned a long time ago running a PVS 14 that you need to tether. Can't tell you how many times I inadvertently hit the release button on my Wilcox mount and the tether saved me.

Some of my stands are 2-6 miles from the truck so I use a backpack to carry my gear in, along with a rifle and tripod too.

Bad thing about a backpack is you don't have fast access to the gear.

Kicking around the idea of ditching the backpack and downsizing to a Reese Outdoors Chest pack to carry, extra batteries, thermal monocular, remote, drag, hand calls, etc.

Any of y'all use a chest pack, likes, dislikes, etc?
I was thinking the same thing chest pack you could leave it on at the stand and not have to fumble around in a backpack on and off đź‘Ť

Kino or anyone for that matter, PM if you know someone that sells the packs at a fair price. I learned a long time ago running a PVS 14 that you need to tether. Can't tell you how many times I inadvertently hit the release button on my Wilcox mount and the tether saved me.

I bought mine direct, they do offer military and first responders discount if that helps.

This year I'm using the Reese Outdoors Thermal FFL Pistol Pack with side bags. I have a few other Reese Outdoors chest packs but this latest version allows me to more easily carry my backup pistol with suppressor.

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

Last edited:
Back