Camo Truck covers - do they work?

dave3006

I have some very flat areas I want to call. My 4Runner sticks out like a sore thumb.

Would a camo cover work? Or, are the coyotes smarter than that?

If so, do you have any suggestions were to find one inexpensively?

Get on your hands and knees and see what you can see. Unless there is high ground for them to stand on just having it down the road a hundred yards may be enough. Dips in the road may be enough or a clump of bushes. Coyotes eyes are only a 12-18" off the ground.

You think your 4 runner is hard to hide, I drive a white commercial van. I guess I could put a green slash on it, then the only coyote it would scare are the two legged ones.

l
I usually get my black Jeep covered in mud and never wash it haha. I don’t think it helps but it looks good
A little mud adds a lot of character to a jeep.
You think your 4 runner is hard to hide, I drive a white commercial van. I guess I could put a green slash on it, then the only coyote it would scare are the two legged ones.
Now that's thinkin' outside the box, Erich. :ROFLMAO:

I think you should be more worried about the noise made driving in and getting it covered. I would not worry about it even on a full moon, just walk a ways away from it so it is not the first thing they see looking in the direction of the call. Personally, I would not waste time covering it

Thinking back on it, I had a 78 short bed Chevy pickup with a lift and roll bar spot light when I was in high school. I spray painted the entire thing camo out of a make shift stencil.

There was no sneaking up on anything with that truck

Duhhh
yeah that had a bit to do with it haha

I figured; talked my dad into buying a 49 GMC that he shared with me. That big six though a glasspack sounded pretty cool to my teenage ears, anyway. Brings back memories of double dating to formal dances in that PU; really hard to see out of the windshield over two formals w/4 people in that narrow PU cab. :ROFLMAO: Didn't slip up on too many coyotes in that old truck, but did manage to catch a real trophy. Been married 68 years come Nov.

My Tacoma is silver and it sticks out big time. Even on the dark nights and a few hundred yards away I can see it across a field. I don't know if it helps, but one thing I try to do is park where the front or the back of my truck is pointing to where I think the coyotes may be coming from. It doesn't stick out as bad as parking sideways.

Back