BUMMER 3 FOUND 2

Hunter55

1st time on a new property 3 yotes and no pics what a bummer. Farmer called said he had a huge coyote problem; guess a yote killed his favorite cat. Done the meet and greet, rode the ATV around his property getting a feel for sets. Decided to setup off the pipeline on a hill looking downward into a semi cut field, waist high grass and some brush. Long story short got 3 yotes off the same stand in 45 minutes. The grass was so tall I couldn’t find them; they may have run into the timber before they crashed, could’ve used Roscoe the dog last night with a good sniffer. Buzzards will find them in the next 2-3 days. Happy farmer!
3 coyotes James  10 20 24 - Copy.png
16th coyote James Whitehead 10 20 24.jpg
17th coyote James Whitehead 10 20 24.jpg

Last edited:
How I love to hunt a new property that hasn’t seen pressure. Good job on the triple.

Surprised you did that well in waist high grass and brush though. Must have been patches where clear shots were possible? Looks like you were shooting a decent ways too if your markup is fairly accurate. What round you slinging at them?

How I love to hunt a new property that hasn’t seen pressure. Good job on the triple.

Surprised you did that well in waist high grass and brush though. Must have been patches where clear shots were possible? Looks like you were shooting a decent ways too if your markup is fairly accurate. What round you slinging at them?
Thanks, my 1st triple and thrilled to death. I was shooting about 215-225 but elevated pretty good on the hill. Not much brush but the grass was pretty constant, kinda surprised me as well busting grass. I shoot a .204R with a 40gr. VMax and have had good luck, don't see a reason to change. Sometimes the fall dead in their tracks other times not so much.

Yep, looking down into that kind of stuff is much different than being in it. Got to step on them or smell em to find them if you are "in it". Good hunt though

Yep, looking down into that kind of stuff is much different than being in it. Got to step on them or smell em to find them if you are "in it". Good hunt though
yea I rode thru there last night with my headlamp on and ATV lights, and your right, you'd have to run over one to find him....thx

Back