Bolt vs AR platforms, what say you?

Sprinkman Any Damn Fool can spell a word one way, Murl B.
Murl, I am a damn fool and there's nothing I can do about it, but I think I finally figured out your cap comment. As stated earlier, I was confused. So I re-read every comment and the only caps that I could find that were missing was in the spelling of "moa". To me that was just ridiculous that someone would even care let alone make a comment about it. Then, just moments ago I saw that the O'Neill Ops guys are all wearing their hats (cap) backwards. So, I believe I owe you an apology for this misunderstanding :ROFLMAO:, no more grammar Nazi crap from me. Especially since I spelled grammar wrong the first time 🤣

I wore my hat backwards once, crawling about 30' into a culvert to retrieve a wounded coyote(hoped it was dead). It was winter, other end of the culvert was snow covered and I couldn't even see my white mittens in front of my face. Why I didn't just leave the cap outside on top of the culvert? But hey no one could see me. Yes the coyote was dead, felt a foot, grabbed on and started the back out slide. Now I carry a cap light when tracking, even during the day.

Welders wear their caps backwards out of necessity. Suspect Skinney & crew wear theirs that way out of habit from using night vision helmets?? But hey, what do I know, they might do rap :ROFLMAO: & I hunt daylight only. đź‘€

I wore my hat backwards once, crawling about 30' into a culvert to retrieve a wounded coyote(hoped it was dead). It was winter, other end of the culvert was snow covered and I couldn't even see my white mittens in front of my face. Why I didn't just leave the cap outside on top of the culvert? But hey no one could see me. Yes the coyote was dead, felt a foot, grabbed on and started the back out slide. Now I carry a cap light when tracking, even during the day.

I did something like that with a pig once.

I shot a good eater sized pig with my bow one night. It went into a SUPER thick cut down. I mean this stuff was woven briars. The hogs had a few tunnels going into it and that's the only way in or out. It was at night and I did have an old head light that was about to go out, but being dumb I got on my hands and knees and started crawling into the tunnel. About 40 yards into it the tunnel came to a Y and there was a pig laying on the left side. The thing is, it wasn't my pig. All I could think is here I am crawling in a hog cave in the middle of the night and come across a dead pig, what would kill a pig? Well I reached out and felt the pig and it was still warm. I pulled it to me and noticed that it had a hole right through it. I was confused b/c this wasn't the pig that I shot. Well, while I was getting my thoughts together I seen a blood trail going down the right tunnel of the Y. That confused me even more, but I followed the blood. A few yards later I came to the pig that I shot. I drug both of them out... apparently my arrow went though the pig I was shooting and also went through the one behind it.

Sprinkman Any Damn Fool can spell a word one way, Murl B.

spelling isnt all that important anymore:

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."​

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."​

I've always thought this was cool. Seems like it relies on people actually knowing the words to start with. If we're taught wrong from the start, will it still work?

I'm dyslexic, so it all looks good to me:)

but being dumb I got on my hands and knees and started crawling into the tunnel. About 40 yards into it the tunnel came to a Y and there was a pig laying on the left side. The thing is, it wasn't my pig. All I could think is here I am crawling in a hog cave in the middle of the night
đź‘€ Been there, done that, but it was daylight and I was looking for a bobcat. Spent a couple of hours in there and would be lying if I said the hair didn't stand up on my neck once or twice thinking about maybe coming face to face with a big rattlesnake, or..... Didn't find the cat until following the smell a few days later, and lost my watch in the process. Have left the "tunnels" to those what made them ever since.

Welders wear their caps backwards out of necessity. Suspect Skinney & crew wear theirs that way out of habit from using night vision helmets?? But hey, what do I know, they might do rap :ROFLMAO: & I hunt daylight only. đź‘€
I wear my hat backwards a lot. Yes I do weld, I also played college Baseball and when I wasn't in the outfield I was Catching, with yes a backwards hard hat, I also ride bike a lot "motorcycle" when I don't wear a helmet once again my hat's backwards. On the podcast, it's a really fun way to bring em all out. Wear the hat frontwards guys are mad we wear em inside, come in after a day calling with our faces painted, didn't ya know we staged it, got all the ink on the arms, our mom's didn't teach us to write on ourselves, hats backwards, labels us as "not smart".
Fellas, I can't tell you how much I enjoy this life AND this forum, now let's get this post to 1K views!

in PA you can carry a loaded handgun /pistol in a vehicle with a concealed carry permit. we are not allowed to have a loaded long gun in the vehicle.
now get this :)

an AR is a long gun and can not be carried loaded in a vehicle BUT...you can have a loaded AR style pistol in your car, loaded, even with a 30 round mag attached

welcome to Pennsylvania

with that said i use an AR / semi auto rifle for predators and varmints. i try to carefully chamber a round as quiet as i can and then use the forward assist to make sure the bolt is fully engaged. some nights we see lots of coyotes, other times we see none. i dont think its the slight noise i make getting the gun ready, i just think its the night we chose to hunt.

if multiples come in or if i miss the first shot i dont have to fumble around trying to chamber the next round. i also have a bad habit of moving my head off the scope when chambering another round when using a bolt like i do during deer season. take some discipline to keep that head down on the scope.

Reminds me of what is going on in southern MN... centerfire rifles aren't allowed for deer so now guys are running around with AR pistols and doing field pushes with glocks. Kinda funny in some ways.

Back