Blackhorn 209

WOW! I use BH 209 and love the stuff. I have a couple jugs stashed and haven’t needed to purchase in awhile. If that is the current price, and it remains that high I will definitely be switching back to 777!

I saw that also, what a bunch of BS. That little jug is 10 ounces, not a pound like powder is normally sold. And the price has steadily crept upwards to this ridiculous rate. I think Blackhorn is going to price itself out of business.

I actually got better accuracy from 777 over the BH209 in both my rifles. Granted BH209 has a few advantages but I been using 777 for so long it isn't that big of an advantage and like I said the 777 gave me better accuracy anyway. I had half a jug and gave it to my friend as I wasn't going to be using it anyway. $90 for 8 oz and your still going to have to add tax on top of that. Nah! Not happening. I agree, they're gonna price themself out of the game. I saw where Shooters World had 50 grain pellets, 100 count bottle, for $19.95. Might be worth a try.

There will still be some that will pay the price no matter how much it cost or they will go smokeless. Either way is their choice, just not for me. I have a friend that bought a NIB Remington 243 and before firing a shot had a Douglas barrel install and turned into a smokeless MZ. $1200 later it basically sets in a gun safe and to my knowledge has never been hunted. Okla MZ season is only 9 days and IMO doesn't merit that much money for a rifle or powder that will set the rest of the year. My T/C Omega Z7 was a Walmart cheapy and it kills deer DRT usually. And I do it with cheap powder to.

I saw that also, what a bunch of BS. That little jug is 10 ounces, not a pound like powder is normally sold. And the price has steadily crept upwards to this ridiculous rate. I think Blackhorn is going to price itself out of business.

Check the NEW label. It's no longer 10 oz. It is now 8 oz. for $89 at Powder Valley.

Not sure how many shots you get out of 8oz of BH209…I use White Hot Pellets..I get 24 bangs for $35, I use 3 pellets per load.
Our Muzzleloader season is only 6 days total.
I try to buy the Pellets locally as shipping is insane, costs as much as the pellets themselves.

Oklahoma's is only 9 days. If you hunt public land and its bucks or doe on the weekends and bucks only for the days in the week M-F. You would think they would like to thin out the does a little but they don't.

I've been using 777 loose powder and a 250 grain T/C Shockwave since day one of owning my Omega Z7. It kills deer just fine and powder is pretty easy to find. A fancy smokeless would be cool but not really necessary.

I’m on private land and it’s either sex for the 3 days in October…we then get a 2nd season during Christmas and new years…which I was wrong, that season is 2 weeks, so we get 18 days total of Muzzleloader.
I’m using 3 White Hots and 290gr Hornady Bore Driver, shoots under an inch @ 100yds, so I can’t see paying for Blackhorn with performance that good from pellets.
I’ve never tried 777 pellets or loose powder. I guess the pellet grain weight may have some inconsistencies since they do have pieces break off and def don’t all weigh the same. They are extremely convenient however.

I got my Omega when they first came out from Walmart. Bought 777 loose powder and 250 grain Shockwave bullets and started killing deer. Same rifle, same load and same bullet today.

Back