Big Coyote?

Small world, I've killed coyotes all over that area, even killed them just off the Pleasant Valley runway! My girlfriend lived in Whitefish for 22 years or so, chased critters from the Yak all the way to the Bob Marshall and tons of places east of the Rockies.

The first lion I ever called was on the backside of McGregor lake while wolf hunting!
You talking about lost prairie, Marion airfield there , pleasant valley rd.? . Ya I was skydiving all day there, and hunting coyotes every night. had a pretty good time. The dogs were thick there...LOL . Back then I was just using a big old Raptar-6 and atilla-200 IR unit on a suppressed AR . Badgers were so thick there. when I would drive by the kills from the last night. The badgers would already have the dogs asses chewed out, and working their way in ...LOL

You talking about lost prairie, Marion airfield there , pleasant valley rd.? . Ya I was skydiving all day there, and hunting coyotes every night. had a pretty good time. The dogs were thick there...LOL . Back then I was just using a big old Raptar-6 and atilla-200 IR unit on a suppressed AR . Badgers were so thick there. when I would drive by the kills from the last night. The badgers would already have the dogs asses chewed out, and working their way in ...LOL
Exactly where I'm talking about!

You guys are talking the other side of the state. I am up at the very North East corner of Montana. The land that time forgot. You can still buy a house here without using gold bricks. I like visiting the west side of the state but I am never leaving where I am at now. Takes me two hours to get to the Wal-mart in Williston, ND. There is just a ton of State land and block management. My wife and I just got back from vacation down in Deadwood, SD. Saw a lot of coyotes down there too. Anyone here from SD?

You guys are talking the other side of the state. I am up at the very North East corner of Montana. The land that time forgot. You can still buy a house here without using gold bricks. I like visiting the west side of the state but I am never leaving where I am at now. Takes me two hours to get to the Wal-mart in Williston, ND. There is just a ton of State land and block management. My wife and I just got back from vacation down in Deadwood, SD. Saw a lot of coyotes down there too. Anyone here from SD?

I've hunted from Circle to Sydney, does that count! The pump in Vida has saved my ass on many occasions years ago!

Seems to me it was spelled Yaak.

Damn there's always spelling police around!!! You are correct and the one and only Yaak store and bar across the street is much needed, it's a long ways in either direction for fuel or something to eat!

I've hunted from Circle to Sydney, does that count! The pump in Vida has saved my ass on many occasions years ago!
Absolutely, Sydney is just about an hour and a half away. I live in Flaxville , MT. About a half hour west of Plentywood. I love it out here. Never leaving. Drive through Circle all the time.

First big one I shot about 25 yrs ago we weighed on the deer scale at a gun shop, 49 pounds and a couple ounces, picture hung in the store for years until they closed. I carry a 50 pound fish scale most of the time and never beat that most males are 40-45 females 35-40 but I don't really get a lot like most on here. They seem bigger here in the northeast.

First big one I shot about 25 yrs ago we weighed on the deer scale at a gun shop, 49 pounds and a couple ounces, picture hung in the store for years until they closed. I carry a 50 pound fish scale most of the time and never beat that most males are 40-45 females 35-40 but I don't really get a lot like most on here. They seem bigger here in the northeast.
Looking back through my pics I have a few pics of some scale weights right at or around the 40 lb mark which I consider about a high average here in NY. I don’t have any pics of my heaviest, and there have only been a couple that hit 45. Heaviest was a monster manged up male posted earlier in this thread. I don’t really weigh many anymore but if I hammer a tank I probably will.

I think it really depends on where you're calling as to how big they're going to be.

I connect with the +30lb variety when I call within a mile of active farm fields, golf courses and neighborhoods. Lots of food=lots of toady coyotes...

Back