Another broken grendel bolt...

204 AR

I give up, this was a Young Manufacturing bolt which is noticeably thicker walls and lugs and pretty pricey. I'm not sure on round count, it was used with my 6 predator arp barrel years ago and sat in the drawer until this week when I got a new stoner grendel barrel, which shoots great so far. I'm not sure which way to go now, I've broken cheapies and now a good bolt, they don't seem to last over about 1500 rounds either way. Thinking about buying a couple of the cheap brownells bolts and just figure on changing them every 1k rounds.

I give up, this was a Young Manufacturing bolt which is noticeably thicker walls and lugs and pretty pricey. I'm not sure on round count, it was used with my 6 predator arp barrel years ago and sat in the drawer until this week when I got a new stoner grendel barrel, which shoots great so far. I'm not sure which way to go now, I've broken cheapies and now a good bolt, they don't seem to last over about 1500 rounds either way. Thinking about buying a couple of the cheap brownells bolts and just figure on changing them every 1k rounds.
Are you loading your rounds yourself or is this factory stuff? I loaded my own. I haven’t had a problem with my Grendel It takes backseat now been using 224 Valkrie as of late waiting to get my 22 Creedmoor build from my Gunsmith . Feel free to text me like to know what powder in charge your using. Try to help you sort out the bolt damage.

Back