6x6.8 barrel

Hunteroutdoor

I want to order a x-caliber barrel, this gun will be suppressed 95% of the time and shoot 65 ish grain + or- projectiles. So, 18" 1:10 twist I was thinking rifle length gas system with larger hole for adj gas block. Since it will have can on the end What profile? Weight is always a concern but with a can, I need enough meat for a shoulder with 5/8 threads. I have read many posts from Kimo about x-caliber barrels but I can't find these questions answered.

I have been a member here for 10 plus years but for some reason I can't reset my PW and get my old login. I emails keep getting returned when I try and contact and admin.

I ordered a 6x6.8 barrel last year from them. I don't know exactly what the weight difference is between the LW and SPR profile. If I remember right, I believe Kino favors the SPR. The LW is still .700" at the muzzle, which is their minimum for 5/8x24 according to the menu.

I went with the SPR contour on mine, but went with a 20" for the little extra free velocity, rifle length plus 2", and the larger hole. I also went with the 10" twist, with the plan to shoot 70 grain Ballistic Tips or Blitzkings, & left it up the the barrel to decide which it liked better. Both shot great with a minute advantage to the Sierras.

I went with a 22” spr 10 twist with r+2 gas.
My plan was the 70 gr. bt . It likes the 55 bt’s better , and I’m ok with that.
I’m sure Kino will chime in soon. Listen to him he knows his stuff .

I went with a 22” spr 10 twist with r+2 gas.
My plan was the 70 gr. bt . It likes the 55 bt’s better , and I’m ok with that.
I’m sure Kino will chime in soon. Listen to him he knows his stuff .
Interesting....I tried the 55's too, but the 70's won out.

That's why we test.

I ordered an 18" spr profile. Hopefully 8 to 10 weeks. I need to start gathering loading components. I was sent a link to my old logon, so this profile will dissappear.

So a little late to the party but there's several guys here that can help you through...

As for components my first choice is 8208XBR (I'm seeing it available again periodically), 55 & 70gr NBTs and 70BKs. The 58vmax shoots well also but it will at some point splash. CCI 450s primers, and brass in order is Starline (new production). S&B as well as the old old SSA brass is the best made but extremely hard to find so honestly Starline is your best option, good luck!

So a little late to the party but there's several guys here that can help you through...

As for components my first choice is 8208XBR (I'm seeing it available again periodically), 55 & 70gr NBTs and 70BKs. The 58vmax shoots well also but it will at some point splash. CCI 450s primers, and brass in order is Starline (new production). S&B as well as the old old SSA brass is the best made but extremely hard to find so honestly Starline is your best option, good luck!
How does Hornady brass rate compared to the others?

What kind of brass do you like?

For the 6.8SPC stuff I like S&B, old SSA (pre Nosler). They are the best IMO. SSA isn't made anymore like it was and S&B has some huge military contracts so they haven't offered brass in awhile. Starline is OK but not nearly as good as the first two. All these use SRP.

Hornady and Federal are probably the worst, Federal has the capability to build outstanding factory ammunition but their brass is pure garbage.

Back