6x6.8 barrel

I think either of those would be great. H322 and 8208 seems to be the go to powders for 55s. I shoot the 70's with ARComp. The powders available to you may help dictate which bullet to shoot. Otherwise I would choose the bullet that is most accurate.

Does anyone make any 6x6.8 cases drilled for checking bullet seating. I have the hornady system. Might as well figure all that out before I install the barrel. I have a 6.8 that I shoot hornady SST bullets out of. They have red tips just like the vmax bullets. To help avoid a mix up I want to try the Nosler ballistic tip varmint bullets because they are purple. It looks like some people shoot the 55 and others the 70.
Before building the upper, I just make a dummy round seated long with the bullet(s) of choice. Smoke the bullet with a Bic light, slide it in the barrel, push on the ass end to make sure it's all the way in, pluck it out, & look for marks. Rinse & repeat til you get to where you want to be, whether in the lands a hair, just off the lands, or max mag length, etc.

Does anyone make any 6x6.8 cases drilled for checking bullet seating. I have the hornady system. Might as well figure all that out before I install the barrel. I have a 6.8 that I shoot hornady SST bullets out of. They have red tips just like the vmax bullets. To help avoid a mix up I want to try the Nosler ballistic tip varmint bullets because they are purple. It looks like some people shoot the 55 and others the 70.
I made one . It eased my mind . I’ve never owned an AR that magazine length would get any where near the lands .

Before installing the barrel just drop each bullet in the barrel and measure from the rear of the barrel extension to the rear of the bullet. Add the bullet length to that number then drop in a sized case and subtract the distance from the rear of the barrel extension to the rear of the case. That number will be the coal where the bullet is touching the lands.
I can tell you the nosler bts will hit at around .095" longer coal than the VMAX of comparable weights and the Sierra 60 hp. 70 blitzing is way out there too if I recall.

Back