22 ARC Barrel Length

Ryanjac23

For those that have tried a 22ARC in a bolt gun. What barrel length did you go with? Is it a better choice for a 16”-18” barrel than a 22Creed and be easier on barrel life?

For those that have tried a 22ARC in a bolt gun. What barrel length did you go with? Is it a better choice for a 16”-18” barrel than a 22Creed and be easier on barrel life?
Considering the 22 Creed is going to use between 10-15gr more powder then the 22 ARC, yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say the 22 ARC is going to definitely be easier on barrel life, BUT, in all fairness the 22 Creed is going to shoot the same bullet a good 150-150+ fps faster then the 22 ARC so I guess you'll have to decide which is more important to you increased velocity or longer barrel life. As they say, "there's no free lunch".

No doubt that the ARC will have better barrel life. I ordered a 20" X-Caliber Carbon Fiber 22 Creed barrel (bolt action) and soon will order a 22 ARC Saturn 16" barrel (AR) . The creed build is for me and the 22 ARC is one of my granddaughters. But I have been thinking about a 22 ARC in a Howa Mini-action.

PS: Give me a couple years with both and I will give an in-depth report of each :giggle:

Last edited:
Back