WY Prairie dog hunting

Keener205

After 20+ years of police work I’ve taken a retirement so I finally get to go on a real vacation so I picked WY. My family will be Thermopolis but I’m looking to take my 15 yo daughter along with a couple friends on a day of shooting prairie dogs. We will be up there first week of sept. Does anyone know where I can get some shooting in ? Any help will be greatly appreciated

BLM website and a WY map.

You can get maps from BLM on the area you want to go to and work those together with a WY state map. Also, check with the state for state land you can hunt on.

You can then Google the area you have chosen and look for the PD mounds.

If you don't have a mapping system such as Base Maps, OnX Hunt, or one of the others, this will really help. These maps tell you land owners names and helps keep you off private property. These maps will also show you the BLM land and state land.

Base Maps - This is what I use. It is similar to all the others out there and the price is right. I've used it for three years now. Make sure you compare prices and don't buy the first one you review. Check out several before you purchase.

OnX Hunt - This is a very popular one as well. Much more expensive than some of the others out there.

Study all of this now so you're not blind when you leave for your trip.

Back