Cleaned out the Beast for the final time

Megalon

Well, readers I cleaned out the truck for the final time today. Picking up my first new truck in 14 years. It was a treasure trove of hunting gear.
The list:
22 22-250 casings
19 .223
A box of three inch mag 20 gauge 6 shot.
two 30 round 223 mags
a half a pack of Birchwood Casey shoot and see targets.
One lost pair of camo gloves
two pocket knives (one is a Benchmade I thought I lost)
enough double AA batteries to fill my remote twice.
a slate turkey call I thought I'd lost
a butt out
a broken crazy critter.

Anyone else have a vehicle that looks like a flea market for hunting gear?

Might have you beat. I have a 2000 F150. What’s worse is I have a camper shell on it. I’m sure “when” I pull the trigger on a new truck it will take a few days to get her all cleaned out.
After reading your post I’m almost tempted to start. No telling what I might find, lol.

You guys are a bunch of pikers;), but I've probably used my old 2003 Cevy club cab for hunting a lot loger than you have used yours. Used it primarily for hunting since new in 03.

The back seat used to be the permanent home for everything I might need (besides perishables) for a 3 day hunt other than sleeping bags and a few other items that are kept in a foot locker in bunk house at camp. Usually brought in the foxpro and decoy for a battery recharge, and rifle for a cleaning, but a small duffel w/change of clothing, etc., couple of hand calls, snake boots, rain gear, binoculars, range finder, 2 sets of ear muffs, first aid kit, flash lights, various rifle, pistol & shotgun ammo (you know, in case I forget mine some day), a box of targets in door compartments (and a stapler to hang them), couple of spare boonie hats, face masks & gloves.......that's just the stuff I can remember. All that needed to be added for a hunt was a rifle & shotgun, fresh ammo and the call/decoy.
:cry:.
Then there's the junk in the bed (w/tonneau cover), such as several sets of shooting sticks, 2 low shooting chairs, rubber boots, shovel, machete
couple of hand jacks, misc. ropes, from para cord to a couple of 2" nylon tow ropes.

Unfortunately it hasn't been out of the garage in 8-9 months and I've rustled through the once organized bags, etc. so many times that I can't find anything I'm looking for specifically:ROFLMAO:

Well, I trap too. The inside doesn’t stink but the smell coming from the camper shell has buzzards circling. Luckily my neighbors are used to the “skunk” smell. Maybe I should say they are tolerant of it and do a lot of praying for an East wind, lol. My neighbors to the West aren’t home enough or outside enough to complain. It’s normally not that bad, but I got some skunk tincture to “spice” up some bait and lures, lol. Even double packed they say they still smell it. I don’t smell anything, but when the hens are all on the neighbors front porch gossiping they say they can smell it good, lol.

Garage smells like dead coyotes and cow poop.....

.....Inside of truck smells like dead coyotes and cow poop....

...at least that's what the wife tells me....I tell her I must have covid--smell nothing.
The smell in the garage wears off in a years time, limbhanger, but in the cab, not so much. Wife says my smells like a wet dog, but we don't have a dog, so she must be wrong......I don't smell anything. :ROFLMAO:

Hey Magalon, here in the State I live in, if we get pulled up by police or game dept. staff doing random spot checks in forest areas and they find as little as “one” loose live cartridge in you vehicle, you can lose your shooters license and confiscate your vehicle if they pursue it thru the courts!!!!!!!!!!!
and you guys are worried about Biden,

And I thought the bait bucket in my truck bed (underneath tonneau cover was bad. People walk by, hold their nose and say “what’s that smell?”

MY shed by the end of the year, skinning 31 coyotes, looks like something out of the Texas Chainsaw massacre. As soon as the weather breaks I have to pressure wash the the blood out.

Hey Magalon, here in the State I live in, if we get pulled up by police or game dept. staff doing random spot checks in forest areas and they find as little as “one” loose live cartridge in you vehicle, you can lose your shooters license and confiscate your vehicle if they pursue it thru the courts!!!!!!!!!!!
and you guys are worried about Biden,
You know i got thinking about it and I had a lady call the police on me about 7 years ago because there was blood coming out over my back bumper. I had got a couple of coyotes and the blood must have froze. The temperature went above freezing and the blood started to leak out. That was kind of embarrassing.

17ahjoe---all I can say is DA*N. Had no idea it was that way there. I used to think there & NZ would be the 2 countries I would visit.

17ahjoe, you are from Australia! Can't you just buy off the cops down there with beer? That is pretty cool. What is predator hunting like down there? Heck I always wanted to go myself. I mean you guys have some bad mamba jamba game down there.

You won't roll up many miles when you hunt in your backyard!🥰
:ROFLMAO:
Not quite the back yard, but close. 50 miles to one ranch and 75 to the other and my hunting partner and I swapped out rides every other trip so that helped a lot, as well. Did a few road trips w/the trailer and a couple of hunts in CO, but mostly hunt close to the house.

Back