I must be crazy

Megalon

Anybody else missing winter yet? Temprature hit 80 degrees for the first time out here and I have had it with summer already. Technically, it is not even here yet. I am pretty sure I heard my 22-250 crying last night. Of course it could have been the Foxpro. Even though I had a great year coyote hunting, I am still seeing tons of coyotes out here. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fishing, but it isn't hunting. Not by a long shot.

It is approaching 100 here, later this week. Winds are howling and it is bone dry, no rain since Jan or Feb so the dust is kicking up, I can't see the mountains any longer. Hopefully monsoon season will have some rain in it. Winter here is like a cooler fall and spring is kind of like fall only it gets warmer instead of cooler and the mesquite gets green. Everything else but the cactuses stays brown. I like all the seasons, fall is ducks, coyotes and fishing, I guess winter is the same only a heavier jacket, spring I get to fish and shoot carp. Summer is fresh out of the garden tomatoes, already have had tomatoes and Chili's from the garden and fresh green beans later this week. I don't like that I have to seek shelter when it hits 95 but there are shop projects then.

I think it is part of getting older, hating the heat. I remember my dad hating the heat. Also when he first started taking me out hunting, I used to marvel at his ability to stand the cold. I would be wearing twice as many layers and freezing to death. He could sit still in the freezing cold for the whole damn day. Now I am the same way.

It is approaching 100 here, later this week. Winds are howling and it is bone dry, no rain since Jan or Feb so the dust is kicking up, I can't see the mountains any longer. Hopefully monsoon season will have some rain in it. Winter here is like a cooler fall and spring is kind of like fall only it gets warmer instead of cooler and the mesquite gets green. Everything else but the cactuses stays brown. I like all the seasons, fall is ducks, coyotes and fishing, I guess winter is the same only a heavier jacket, spring I get to fish and shoot carp. Summer is fresh out of the garden tomatoes, already have had tomatoes and Chili's from the garden and fresh green beans later this week. I don't like that I have to seek shelter when it hits 95 but there are shop projects then.
It is funny down there. All brown and dead looking till the monsoon hits. Then everything goes green in a heartbeat. Ocotillos and Mesquites go green. Desert has a good smell to it after the rain. Only one problem. The real heat is on it's way. I used to work in those deserts. I would come home with salt deposits on the back of my uniform.

I think it is part of getting older, hating the heat. I remember my dad hating the heat. Also when he first started taking me out hunting, I used to marvel at his ability to stand the cold. I would be wearing twice as many layers and freezing to death. He could sit still in the freezing cold for the whole damn day. Now I am the same way.
Opposite for me. As i get older (still not OLD yet) my cold tolerance is dropping. I can wear a hundred pounds of wool layers and still be a shivering sissy. But i go out hiking around hunting bears in 100 degree heat in august and love it.

Nah, I HATE Summer! Winter is for me. I’d rather snot freeze to my face vs sweat burning my eyes.
Trapping and hunting with the heat, humidity, gnats, and mosquitoes absolutely sucks. The only good that comes from it is money, lol!

I know home is where one is raised or at but my trips to the south ( FL once. SC once. NC both inland and the beaches for 40 yrs. VA many times as the inlaws were outside of Richmond. And a couple bus tour trips to the Southwest in September YOU ALL can keep the heat. I don’t know how you function in it. My corner of SW PA is getting warmer than l desire all 4 seasons but at 73 l ain’t going anywhere now.

Oh no, not 80 already LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240604_201003_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20240604_201003_Weather.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 27
Anybody else missing winter yet? Temprature hit 80 degrees for the first time out here and I have had it with summer already. Technically, it is not even here yet. I am pretty sure I heard my 22-250 crying last night. Of course it could have been the Foxpro. Even though I had a great year coyote hunting, I am still seeing tons of coyotes out here. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fishing, but it isn't hunting. Not by a long shot.
I drove through your neck of the woods on Sunday and it was cooking out there! Was coming from the Oregon coast though so it was refreshing being able to see for miles again.

I think im more excited to coyote hunt than I am to elk hunt this year.

Our cute little weather guesser say's it's going to rain next week, maybe it will bring out temperature down to 100 deg. were it's been over for the last month. Murl B.

Heat Dome is approaching here in Southern PA by Monday…mid 90’s all next week with no rain in sight and my grass is already turning brown. Can’t wait for Fall, I HATE summer. Debating moving to Maine

Forget Maine, move to Montana, the Dakotas or Wyoming. You got to get away from that humidity. As another brother from PA, I can tell you I don’t miss that humidity at all. I do however miss October in PA. In October it just is perfect there

Back