HS802...Not impressed.

wormy

I finally got my HS802 in the mail yesterday. I wasnt really impressed by it. Its ok. It has a good throw, but the spot is very small. I dont think I could ID with it out to 150y. Especially if I cover it with gel. My G4 is a much better kill light. It has a more useable spot and I can see farther with it. Im still waiting on the red led Brinyte. Well the HS802 was not a total waist, the kids loved waveing the giant light saber in the sky.

Last edited:
the g4 is the best i've found so far
thumbup1.gif

I got my 802 last week and the ..... thing won't work. When I first screwed the cap on it flickered but nothing since. I contacted Dealextreme about the problem but haven't heard back.

did you tighten all the pieces theres not much to them to go wrong...and i have seen very little faulty ones...

ive had lights mounted on my gun for 15 years and these lights are the best ive seen i dont have that light i have the rest..though

Originally Posted By: deadeyefrythe g4 is the best i've found so far
thumbup1.gif

i agree i see they got the 900 lumin same as the kill light back in stock for 29 dollars at ebay...

i also like the amber and i havent seen any amber leds never tryed the green....except when i used the green gel...wonder if they have as much flood as red.....

Originally Posted By: mikemacIs the spot in the center of the beam larger than that of the HS-802.

Most definitely. The spot on my G4 is probaly twice as large as my 802. The G4 for spot is not to large either. IMO its just right shooting. I wish I had a good camera to get you some shots of the beams.

Last edited:
did you tighten all the pieces theres not much to them to go wrong...and i have seen very little faulty ones...

I have tried everything I can think of but it will not work. I have taken it apart numerous times and put back together.... nothing.

THe HS802 is the smaller lumes light about 250 lumes.. The ULTRAFIRE-900 and the Cree Q5- ULTRAFIRE 900 are both 900 lumes light. Be careful when you order these lights. THere are Ultra fire lights in both 250 lumes and 900 lumes. Read before you order. I feel the higher the lumes the better.

Last edited:
Those Lumen claims over the internet are useless. Many sellers inflate the values. An LED driven by a 3.7 volt 18650 battery will produce the same amount of light regardless of who makes them. The type of reflector might change the throw. When you see the same LED and battery combination from different manufactuers 650 lumes apart doesn't it make you wonder a little????? My advice would be forget the lumen claims, know what LEDs do what and buy based on that. I have both the G4 and 802, the Q5 and R2 LEDs are both good. Technically the R2 gets the nod based on what I've read. Based on what I've seen I can tell you this. The 230 lumen R2 HS802 is brighter than the 500 lumen Q5 G4-MCU.

A lot of info here....

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forum.php

Compare the lights.....

http://www.gadgettown.com/G4MCU-Cree-Q5-LED-Flashlight-Hand-Strap.html

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/uniquefire-...-2-cr123a-16538

smsnyder can you post the links to the lights in your post?

Last edited:
Back