Harley Davidson

We ride a 2012 Electra Glide Classic.

Ride most of the year if weather is decent.

Try to vacation on the bike every summer. Not unusual to do 2,000 to 2,500 miles on a week of vacation.

I bought a busted up 88 FXRS for my 20th birthday, dang near exactly 11 years ago. Including buying the busted up bike, I sunk $16,000 into it.

I ended up replacing just about everything except the transmission, cylinders(but bored them out), frame and got a great looking dark red real flame on pearlecent black paint job from a buddies dad that was a painter.

For an 80" Evo after all the mods it really flew, flew too fast for a 21 year old, I got myself in some trouble with that thing.

I ended up trading it for a nice lifted chevy 4x4, I had a bike I put 16K into and I was driving around a rusted up 93 oldsmobile cutlass, I like to hike but needed a truck.

I sure miss having a Harley I rebuilt just how I wanted. In the next 5 to 10 years I will have another, or be living too far away from a road to matter....

07 softail custom.. Last year rode it almost every month except 2 I believe.. 3 or 4 months and it will be out again.. Got the itch the other day it was 36 out but didn't get it done.. Dan

We have had a couple days recently almost 60.
Looks like it will be a while before another one comes around without rain.
Not near as cold as Maine though.

I used to ride year round . So long as the roads were dry.
But after 6 yrs of that my bike started rusting like crazy.
Chrome began pealing & bubbling ... decided it wasn't worth it.
I now park it once they spry that crap on the road & break it out after a good rain has washed it off in March.
8 months of riding is better than nothing & certainly better than dealing with rust & replacing parts.

My old Shovel '83 FLH

Back in my Patch Holder days

Last edited:
2012 flhx
2012fld
2013 sporty 72
2013flhtcutg
We ride pretty much year round here. Just came back from a trip to Big Bend the week before Christmas. May slide up the Natchez Trace again in a couple of weeks.
Gone but not forgotten, 1977 xlt, 1977 fxs,
2001 flhrci, 2012 fxdwg

Last edited:
We have been talking about a ride into Texas.
Don't know yet if we will get to try it or not.
It would have to be early spring or late fall. Don't think I could take the heat you have in summer.
Last time I was there it was May and it was already pretty hot.
Now would be a good time maybe.

Swift do you ever venture over to Arkansas? I used to make the trip to Mena and the pig trail at least once a year. Most of the single digit road numbers are through some pretty country.

We were headed to the Trace before Thanksgiving but the weatherman said rain. We went south instead and ended up with high 60s to low 70s during the day. I can just about hit La. with a rock from my house, about 12 miles in a straight line. We did 1960 miles in 4 days. Give of take 100, we didnt set the odo. Would love to show yall around the hill country in bluebonnet season, late March or April. We still have fall colors in late November.

Before the doctors took me off of it, I had an '87 ElectraGlide that I converted into a Road King...I've ridden in Snow, Rain, Hail, and Sun...Hit all 48 states and two provinces of Canada...As said, I still miss it..It had a few mods, E carb, Crane cam and dual coil single fire ignition, five way valve job, SuperTrap balanced exhaust, and a Progressive Spring conversion to get rid of the air ride...

Quote:Go trike. It is still riding. And a comfortable one at that...I've been considering one of the URALs....My nephew recently got one and loves it...While he has snow up north and the fact that both rear wheels allow for drive traction, I think it might be good for our sandy areas as well....Plus it would allow me to carry more in the side car...

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksSwift do you ever venture over to Arkansas? I used to make the trip to Mena and the pig trail at least once a year. Most of the single digit road numbers are through some pretty country.

We have made several rides into Arkansas. Eureka Springs and Mena are some of our favorites.

Back