First post on the new forum... a few recent hunts

Infidel 762

Director
Staff member
HOMAnimated (1).gif

Got notified by a cattle rancher that his neighbor has coyote problems, told em I would come out and see what I could get rid of. Pre-scouting new ground revealed a feedlot on the neighboring land, separated by a county road. A large heard of cattle standing in mud around feed troughs and a dead cow just off the fence line – the area proved to be a hotspot.

18.jpeg

Mother cows with a look like; “those guys tried to take my baby”. Cows are social, herd animals that stick together to reduce the threat from predators. It makes sense for them all to graze in the same direction, so the herd stays together.

The USDA reports Predators cause an estimated $232 million in losses to livestock producers annually. In Oklahoma, coyotes are responsible for over half of all livestock loss to predators. Smaller animals—sheep, goats and calves—are most vulnerable. But coyotes may gnaw at mama cows at birthing time, while they are down.

usda.jpeg

My friend's dog was attacked by coyotes. She made it back to his house but succumbed to her wounds. Said I would go out and try to kill some around his house that may have been responsible. These are for Sugar. My friend Charles Frech dog was attacked by coyotes. She made it back to his house but succumbed to her wounds. Said I would go out and try to kill some around his house that may have been responsible. These are for Sugar. As from above - the shadows weave their tapestries, awakening a symphony of senses. Each step, a rung balanced between decomposition and evolution.

above.jpeg

The weather after rain had coyotes active. Weathered the muddy fields of farms with recent poultry and calf predation. I remember my boots, heavy with gumbo, losing traction and the smell of wet coyotes. Balancing points of equilibrium and how the cool breeze felt like fall.

bus.jpeg

More coyotes from friday night;

10.jpeg

see if this video works on the new forum;

<iframe class="rumble" width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a run, Jeremy. You never seem to run out of coyotes up there; can't get over the number of multiples you have respond. I only remember three times in all the years I've hunted that I called more than two at a time down here. I suspect those three times were all females teaching YOY to hunt. Mostly singles, but do have a few pairs.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Clarence

Quite a run, Jeremy. You never seem to run out of coyotes up there; can't get over the number of multiples you have respond. I only remember three times in all the years I've hunted that I called more than two at a time down here. I suspect those three times were all females teaching YOY to hunt. Mostly singles, but do have a few pairs.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Clarence

i mostly only get one or two at a time come in, but I run a bolt and usually don’t take running shots, they will usually stop if you just have restraint. When I called in those six there was a dead pile of cattle on the neighboring land I don’t have access to. There is a brush line along the road and I called them out of the section I don’t have access to.

thanks for the kind reply’s fellas

Makes sense, that was impressive results, Jeremy. The only two times I called in 4-5 on a stand were in vicinity of the dead pit on one of the ranches I hunt. That spot is usually good for one or two coyotes, but twice over the 20 years on that ranch had 4-5 come to the call.

Enjoyed the video....keep 'em coming!

Regards,
Clarence

Makes sense, that was impressive results, Jeremy. The only two times I called in 4-5 on a stand were in vicinity of the dead pit on one of the ranches I hunt. That spot is usually good for one or two coyotes, but twice over the 20 years on that ranch had 4-5 come to the call.

Enjoyed the video....keep 'em coming!

Regards,
Clarence

Saturday night I called in 6 on one stand and only got 3 killed. The stand before I called in 3 and got all of those killed. It was slow until about 3 AM it started raining and then after the rain activity picked up

Always liked to call right after a frontal passage or rainstorm.

(y)Keep those posts coming, look forward to your next episode.

Regards,
Clarence

You always take the time to really set up your pictures well. Nice layout, cool backdrops, everything just right. It shows in the final product.

Oh, and nice piles of dead things too. Doing solid work my friend.
sun rise and sun set the sky has the best colors for picture. I am usually drained when I take pics, my fitbit tracked me walking over 27 miles to get the coyotes in that one pic

Back