Back porch boar

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Last month a local land owner asked me about helping him take out some hogs that were rooting up his property. First night I w eat out a got a lone boar (see post a few weeks ago). I went back one other time but didn’t see anything. A few days later he set out a couple of cell cameras and he gave me access to the cameras through an app on my phone. Another boar started showing up but usually in the wee hours of the morning. Then last week he got in a trap he had set, but I was out of town. I saw the pictures of him in the trap and after 9 hours a picture of an empty trap. By the time they got to the trap he had escaped because they forgot to set a door stop correctly. Then last night he showed up about 10 pm and then again just before daylight, but he had moved the camera and I was not sure where it was.

I texted him to see where it was and he said about 70 yards off the back porch of the camp house.

Well tonight I got 2 picture about 9pm so I told my wife I was going to see if I could get him. Took me about 30 minutes to get my stuff and drive over there. I slipped in scanning with thermal as I approached the camp and the field behind it. I didn’t see anything and got on the back porch and scanned some more. Nothing? I thought, he is here somewhere! I stepped off the porch and looked around the corner and there he was about 35 yards but I has left my sticks on the porch. I stepped back into the porch to get a rest and turned in the scope video.

My first shot was good, but I wanted him anchored is put a few more in him. 300 BO 125 grain Sierra pro hunters.

IMG_3371.png

Back