05/29 hogs

Spurchaser

Well, I’d gotten the SFAR dialed in after I topped it with the spare thermal.
I wasn’t fond of the AGM compared to the IRay on the bolt gun, but after reading the manual and going out one night just to tweak the settings I got it looking pretty sweet. The only thing I forgot was the record function and whatever app I’ll need to download videos.

All I needed now was “targets”.

Last night I was heading to bed and the camera goes off. I got the wife’s blessing and headed out. I had to park a good distance away and made the 500yd walk in record time. The wind, for once, was actually as advertised and in my favor. The only thing I’d forgotten to do was turn the Thermacell on before leaving the house. Mosquitoes were horrible on the walk, but as I got closer to the pigs they’d subsided some.
I’d love to say I wreaked havoc on the sounder, but after dropping the big sow, the others forgot the script and instead of running the low ground, they ran straight up to me.
I took the trigger stick instead of the BogPod and glad I did. After the initial shot it was free hand time. A couple shots were just to keep the pigs from running into me. One I know was hit from the squeals. Another that did actually follow the script stopped about 125yds out and she fell where she stopped.
This was my first time with a semiauto and I liked it, lol!
IMG_8867.jpeg

IMG_8868.jpeg

Back