Digital NV

greengt88

Trying to decide between RIX Tourer T20 and the AGM Neith
Would like to switch between bolt action and AR platforms
Typical nighttime range will be 50-150yds.
Not sure which is the better option
I’m coming from a Sightmark Wraith 4k Mini, which I did not like.

TIA

I have no experience with AGM digital optics but I own a couple of their thermal units and I have been very satisfied with them.

I had an issue with one of the thermals and after the first unsuccessful repair they sent me a new unit. No complaints with customer service either.

If I was in the market for a digital unit I would go with the Neith LRF DS-32. FOV is a little tight at 8.1 degrees but if that works for you Im guessing it is a solid unit.

I ordered the RIX Tourer T20 via Amazon for $599…I may still get the Neith as well.
Also ordered a Sniper Hog Light 38lrx 940 turbo…we’ll see how it goes.

I ordered the RIX Tourer T20 via Amazon for $599…I may still get the Neith as well.
Also ordered a Sniper Hog Light 38lrx 940 turbo…we’ll see how it goes.

Since my RIX has been MIA for two weeks I ordered a PARD DS35. It's their "last year's model", but is only $350. So far the only three complaints I have is 1. Battery life sucks. 2. The focus adjustment lever is annoying for a lefty like myself. 3. The built in IR light runs off the same battery as the scope so it helps in killing the battery too fast.

Whenever I get my RIX back I will compare them side by side.

IMG_5206.jpeg

Everything arrived today…1st impressions so far are the RIX is waaaay better than my Sightmark Wraith 4k Mini…the rings are insanely tall, so ordered warne med & high’s to which I like best…Menus, etc are far better than the Wraith. I think I’m going to like it.
Need to have a buddy format the memory card and check I have latest firmware as I’m tech stupid…next step will be sight in. Pleased thus far.

Everything arrived today…1st impressions so far are the RIX is waaaay better than my Sightmark Wraith 4k Mini…the rings are insanely tall, so ordered warne med & high’s to which I like best…Menus, etc are far better than the Wraith. I think I’m going to like it.
Need to have a buddy format the memory card and check I have latest firmware as I’m tech stupid…next step will be sight in. Pleased thus far.
The RIX app is pretty good. You can connect the scope via wifi and DL all of your pics and videos onto phone/app. You can also use it live and view through your phone. I don't think that you can update the firmware on the t20 by yourself. I think you have to send it to RIX.

I wouldn't worry about formatting the card. I didn't mess with mine and it worked fine. I use a set of Warne mediums and it fits fine.

One thing I do love about the electronic scopes is the one shot zero. I put the PARD on my 6.5cm this weekend. First shot was low and left. Second shot was dead bullseye. Saves ammo that's for sure.

Why did you go with the 940 over the 850?

Good deal on the formatting, I don’t know how to do any of that stuff…don’t really care about recording videos, pics, etc…could honestly care less, and will never use it. Same with Wi-Fi and the phone app…I wish someone would make something without all that crap…
Went with 940 Turbo, mostly due to animals in my area being wary of light signature, had several spook with the 850 I used with the Wraith.
Max range is about 150yds, and most shots are very close in, like 50yds or under.
I’m in a blind, in fairly dense woods and don’t have a lot of openings. Will try it and see, I can always order other LED units from SHL.

I appreciate your advice, hoping to be able to sight in soon. Rifle is a Savage 11 .22-250

Got ya.

You should try the videos man. It's not hard. You can even set the scope where it will start recording whenever you shoot. If you can get on the internet and forums then you can down load the app to your phone. The RIX takes really good video. I like going back and watching my videos whenever I get bored. LoL.

Let me know how you like the light with the RIX because I have been thinking about buying one to try. I like a light that feels up the screen so I was thinking the 50, but if the 38 will fill up the screen then I can save some money and weight.

Back